DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

Isn't Kross pretty heavy into that qAnon/"Save the Children" stuff? I remember him tweeting about doing some events with Drake Weurtz or something. Might make him persona non grata to some folks. 

between NXT 2.0 and this situation, it just really disheartens me as a fan. What incentive do I have as a fan to get invested in anyone, since Vince or Nick can wake up on the wrong side of the bed and release someone? Kahn says that there will be more callups from NXT soon. Why should I look forward to any of them, since they will probably be fired or sent to Main Event purgatory for God knows how long? I love Swerve to death, but @Hagan is spot on, him and Adonis will be on main event filling the spot that Lucha House Party occupied by the Rumble if not sooner. We can all agree that Steiner's kid is great, but they've already done stupid shit with him(everything involving Chucky on Halloween Havoc is indefensable) and we all know there's more to come.

I wish I could get more into AEW. There are great things and great wrestlers there(Punk, Cole, Dragon, Dustin, Miro, Malaki, etc)but it's just not for me like it is for so many of you. This is the most disheartened I have felt about the future of wrestling in a long time. How many of these guys cut are just going to fade away from the business all together?  This just all sucks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Dax misspelled JCP. 

Haha. There’s a Chris Jericho/Amanda Huber joke to be made here as well.

As for some of the cuts, it’s possible some of the releases are people that didn’t get/chose not to get vaccinated. 

6 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

No matter how you feel about WWE right now, this is a stupid post. Just a complete and total lack of awareness.

Trying to paint WCW and Eric Bischoff as the good guy here is absolutely hilarious. 

• Like 3

keep in mind that Dax is a North Carolinian, so WCW was the evolution of the hometown promotion (that killed their business in North Carolina several times over the years)

People whose first wrestling was JCP/WCW see them as the good guys and people whose first wrestling was pre-1984 WWF might think Chief Jay Strongbow was cool.

Notes from the new WON that just came out (which Dave may or may not have repeated in the video above but I can't watch that yet)

- Lince Dorado had asked for his release too after Lucha House Party didn't get selected in the draft

- Karrion Kross had been pulled from TV because Vince said Kross hadn't gotten over and they were gonna repackage him

- Eva Marie had just "left" again to shoot another movie

- You can tell who had a main roster deal and who didn't by the length of their no compete - main roster = 90 days and NXT = 30 days (So I guess Oney had a main roster contract)

- Dave believes Ember Moon also has a 90 day no compete

- Dave also confirmed that some of the releases were due to wrestlers not getting vaccinated. He says the number is 5 of the 18 however he said that "one talent in the company said that number is higher". Another reason that being vaccinated is important to the WWE is because if you are not - you can't work the tours in foreign countries (like the UK tour next week)

- Age was a big factor in a lot of the releases (as per usual - there are always exceptions)

In a situation where Khan simply can't hire everyone on the market, his best move is to lean hard into the TNT/TBS titles with interesting workers (Sammy's fine. Rosa's ideal) and have open challenges every week and just use the forbidden door to bring people in. I think the surprise factor will draw. Bring in Dango one week. Bring in Taya one week. Bring in Lince one week. Etc. Maybe some people who really get over get signed. Eventually, one of them gets a surprise win as it's a great way to bring in a new talent you actually did sign if they can carry that ball.  People get a payday and some exposure/buzz. It fills up 15 minutes of TV time without much thought taking some pressure off the booking. It gives you that Nitro "Who will show up next?" sort of feel without drowning in talent and contracts which draws attention (it draws mine at least). It's win-win, right?

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Someone mentioned this on social media and it is probably the best way to look at it now - the WWE (or at least Nick Khan) looks at the wrestlers now somewhat like sports franchises view athletes. Everyone is replaceable because they are all "WWE Superstars"

Basically the old expression "the name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back"

Counterpoint: everyone wants to be the 2000-2019 Patriots.  Most are the 2021 Patriots.

8 hours ago, just drew said:

Isn't Kross pretty heavy into that qAnon/"Save the Children" stuff? I remember him tweeting about doing some events with Drake Weurtz or something. Might make him persona non grata to some folks. 

I always got the impression that he's that type based on the giant molon labe tattoo.