DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

the one catch about anybody trying to be a new company involves not accidentally soaking some market because you just happen to live in a place where there's already a newish fed going on.

So the level of success could differ a bit depending on stuff like "where does the guy putting the money down for this promotion live compared to other money marks"

Although if one really wants to be a money mark, trying to throw some money forward to take the time on Sinclair channels/networks if ROH doesn't come back is an idea.

Like the Bally's networks have to air something at 12:30am on a Friday night, right? you'd think that "paying for your time" is a better deal for them if they didn't want to pay for an entire fed?

Maybe just spot shows at first until we figure out who actually wants to do a fed full-time is an idea.

• Like 1

Nia Jax, Karrion Kross, Scarlett and Keith Lee stand out as surprised to me. Nia Jax with how long she was there/hurting opponents/who she's related to, Kross/Scarlett even with the contrast from NXT to main roster booking, ditto for Keith Lee. Such a difference from Lee's Survivor Series 2019 to everything since then including losing the NXT Championship so soon after winning it ending Adam Cole's long reign to Kross.

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

Yeah. Kong and the others had deals run down and not renewed. People like Ivelisse weren't signed to contracts. I do think Havoc was the only one they actually let go and were justified in doing so. What is he up to? 

Delivery driver for DPD:

Jimmy Havoc before vs now, now he works for DPD as an delivery guy:  AEWOfficial

• Like 2

I'd hate to see what they'd do if they lost money.

B-Fab is baffling.  You just called her up, you just signed her to a new contract next week and you fire her?  Are thier contracts worth the paper they are printed on?

• Like 1

Just now, Rev Ray said:

B-Fab is baffling.  You just called her up, you just signed her to a new contract next week and you fire her?  Are thier contracts worth the paper they are printed on?

You're assuming they're using actual paper. THEY HAVE A BUDGET TO MAINTAIN!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

Imagine telling all your friends and family. Buying a bottle to celebrate. Then poof. Sucks man. 

Keith Lee is #3 Twitter trend in the US. Idiots. 

Edited by matt925
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Maybe streamers... Paramount+ etc..    should add some pro wres as extra content to the platforms. 

If Sinclair is wanting to be done with ROH this would be a great opportunity. It's an established brand and there's plenty of talent they could bring in. If they could find a competent booker they'd have a shot at being successful.

Wasn't the last season of Lucha Underground exclusive to Netflix or am I totally mis-remembering?

49 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Nia Jax, Karrion Kross, Scarlett and Keith Lee stand out as surprised to me. Nia Jax with how long she was there/hurting opponents/who she's related to, Kross/Scarlett even with the contrast from NXT to main roster booking, ditto for Keith Lee. Such a difference from Lee's Survivor Series 2019 to everything since then including losing the NXT Championship so soon after winning it ending Adam Cole's long reign to Kross.

By most accounts Nia Jax is pretty beloved backstage. When the weirdness with Charlotte happened, there was scuttlebutt in support of Nia, to the effect that Charlotte was acting on her self-inflated ego but against one of the few women she couldn’t impose her will on physically, hence the awkwardness. The Becky/Charlotte segment somewhat vindicates this view. Now the ’reckless’ stigma is a separate matter but as the AEW is prioritizing a good-vibe locker room, the attitude is a factor.

Edit to add: given the above, it’s all the more bizarre that she has been cut. Maybe an anti-vax thing?

Edited by Custos