DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

Honestly shocked to hear about Nia's release. I know she was botchy and clumsy in the ring, but she seemed likable outside the squared circle and I thought her familial relations could have saved her. I could see her focus more on modeling and acting.

Eva Marie may have been better as a manager of some sort. There was a photo a few months back of her with Parker Boudreaux back when the latter signed, and I thought Eva could have been a modern-day Alexandra York or something similar.

Sucks for DBS Jr. -- signed and released without a single match. 

Sounds odd, but when they announced NXT 2.0, my first thought was that Franky Monet was screwed given she just turned 38. Definitely could see her back in AAA and working with AEW or Impact (curious if Gran Metallik will return to CMLL -- they need upper-card names, stat).

With Japan slowly opening up again, I'm curious if New Japan and other puroresu companies will try and sign some of the guys that have been released this last year -- we keeping hearing Gallows and Anderson will show up in NJPW once the borders open up, but anyone else under consideration?

• Like 1

Can't believe they hyped Eva for months to only drop her a few months later lol Master trolling. I'm most shocked about Nia. I figured that she was pretty much a safe bet. I'm also curious as to her next move. I agree that Ember would be a great fit for AEW and Taya would be welcome back at Impact. 

Edited by Jamal
  • Like 1

I'd loved to see Corgan make a serious run at number 2 and gobble up at least a dozen free agents-WWE and otherwise.  NWA Power was really fun in that early YouTube run.  The amount of unsigned quality talent has never been higher. 

AEW's no doubt going to make Keith Lee a huge star.  I trust a few of these ladies would be nice additions too.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Only other one I can think of is Shanna who's contract they let run out without re-signing. That's as far as contracted talents I can think of.. maybe Awesome Kong? I think even Mel is still under contract, but not sure.

Bea Priestley was released because she was unable to travel to the U.S., IIRC.

Kong was definitely released as well -- were the Stronghearts (Japan) under a deal when the pandemic hit? 

Unsure what the situation was with Melanie Cruise -- Cagematch says she is working a few indie dates, but was she actually under contract with AEW?

Also ... now that WOW is returning to TV with a multi-year deal, would Buss, Tessa and company be open to signing any of the released WWE women?

Edited by colonial
Addition

2 minutes ago, colonial said:

Kong was definitely released as well -- were the Stronghearts (Japan) under a deal when the pandemic hit? 

Unsure what the situation was with Melanie Cruise -- Cagematch says she is working a few indie dates, but was she actually under contract with AEW?

What about Ivelisse?

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, colonial said:

Bea, Kong and Mel def count as releases. Think CIMA had some sort of deal at the start but never appeared on TV so not much of a loss there.

EDIT - maybe not releases so much as not renewed

Edited by killsteve
  • Like 1

Yeah. Kong and the others had deals run down and not renewed. People like Ivelisse weren't signed to contracts. I do think Havoc was the only one they actually let go and were justified in doing so. What is he up to? 

Someone mentioned this on social media and it is probably the best way to look at it now - the WWE (or at least Nick Khan) looks at the wrestlers now somewhat like sports franchises view athletes. Everyone is replaceable because they are all "WWE Superstars"

Basically the old expression "the name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, colonial said:

Someone (AxB maybe?) posted it in one of the AEW threads but the long and short of it is Mel isn't with AEW anymore. I think she was just one of the women they brought in just to give a look to. She appeared briefly in the crowd early in the pandemic era shows at Daily's Place but that was the extent of her use. 

There's a joke in here somewhere about Keith Lee and Adam Cole finally getting their run together, but I'm too tired to craft it and it's probably best saved for another day anyhow...

• Haha 4