DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

Mia, Taya, and Ember would really help their women's division. Keith Lee is a fucking star. Some folks think AEW has a shortage of African American main eventers and WWE just handed him one on a silver platter. TK should sign him and say "thank you." 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Somebody make the full list

Spoiler

Karrion Kross + Scarlett
Ember Moon
Nia Jax
Keith Lee + Mia Yim
Harry Smith
B-Fab
Gran Metalik
Lince Dorado
Jeet Rama
Katrina Cortez
Trey Baxter
Oney Lorcan
Franky Monet 
Zayda Ramier
Jessi Kamea

Edit - Forgot Eva Marie

Spoilered for size

Edited by Krone Meltzer
  • Thanks 1

Years of WWE talent hoarding effectively created a bubble, which has now popped. AEW alone doesn't feel like enough to absorb the number of guys out there who could be in major promotions. Big opportunity for Impact, maybe ROH too depending how the new business model shakes out. Almost like there's room for another entry into the market.

• Like 2

Honesty most people thought Nia should have been fired a while ago given how sloppy she is.  but nobody thought it would actually happen.   

Keith Lee has to be the least surprising and dumbest release.   All that talent and those dumb fucks saw nothing in him.   I expect him in AEW real soon. 

So I guess the new rule now is that if Nick Khan on interviews or pressers starts talking you better unplug your phone immediately

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

Sucks for Davey Boy Jr. He was supposed to be a signing for NXT UK last year but couldn't because of the pandemic, finally gets signed a few months ago and cut before anything. 

All that hype for the EVAlution and it's already done, all we got out of it was f'n doudrop.

• Like 1

Where does Nia go? She's the one I'm very interested in seeing where she goes or what she does now that she will be outside the WWE bubble. Does Rock try and get her some acting roles? Does she go to Impact or somewhere like that - with her track record of injuries?

Bit of a side bar but who has AEW actually let go over their tenure? Jimmy Havoc is the only one I remember. They still have a bunch of names under contract who aren't on TV regular and aren't young prospects you want to develop Dark. When do they start cutting the Joey Janelas, Luthers and Kip Sabians?

Edited by killsteve

Just now, killsteve said:

Bit of a side bar but who has AEW actually let go over their tenure? Jimmy Havoc is the only one I remember. They still have a bunch of names under contract who aren't on TV regular and aren't young prospects you want to develop Dark

I don't think they have ever technically released anyone

Most of the "lesser" folks were on per date deals so in their cases it would just be a matter of AEW not using them anymore

And anyone else might be a matter of their deals just running out

Just now, killsteve said:

Bit of a side bar but who has AEW actually let go over their tenure? Jimmy Havoc is the only one I remember. They still have a bunch of names under contract who aren't on TV regular and aren't young prospects you want to develop Dark

Only other one I can think of is Shanna who's contract they let run out without re-signing. That's as far as contracted talents I can think of.. maybe Awesome Kong? I think even Mel is still under contract, but not sure.

Lee and Kross/Scarlett will probably end up in AEW. Lee will thrive there a la Miro, and Kross is still a good midcard act. I could see Ember being good depth for the women's division too. Other than that, the cutoff for AEW is a lot higher now. Oney, Trey, and Taya would be good for Impact

That's the thing, AEW and Impact can't absorb all these,  and RoH is dead and *that* roster needs landing zones.  Mexico and Japan aren't fully open, and BritWres just started back up.  There's no where but GCW and down for most of these people to go.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

That's the thing, AEW and Impact can't absorb all these,  and RoH is dead and *that* roster needs landing zones.  Mexico and Japan aren't fully open, and BritWres just started back up.  There's no where but GCW and down for most of these people to go.

I jokingly said Nia would show up in GCW, but totally agree that AEW for the most part can't absorb a lot of these people...

...but maybe a fresh RoH could snag up some players? Keith Lee or Killer Kross with Scarlett?