DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

9 minutes ago, Peck said:

FYI, since we're still talking Wyatt, Sapp confirmed today that Wyatt's time off had NOTHING to do with mental health issues.

That was just a bad internet rumor that people ran with, including plenty here.

Brodie Lee's passing certainly helped to fuel that rumor. It would certainly be understandable if Lee's death effected Bray that badly.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Looks like Wyatt was playing The Ghost of Tsushima online mode.

If the mustache on the mask is any indication he’ll probably be a shogun of some sort. When I first saw it I was immediately thinking of Steve Williams briefly with the oni gimmick.

I honestly don’t know how I’ll feel about it. But at least on paper I prefer it to the Joker thing he was doing. At this point any gimmick that is taking from the Joker is completely played out. But the track record with white guy playing Asian stereotype isn’t usually a success. Though I liked Yoshi Kwan. So sue me.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

16 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The thing is Paul's father in law effectively priced out anyone who isn't a billionaire or multi-billionaire from being competitive in pro wrestling promotion. Unless he plans on doing a Robert Rodriguez Lucha Underground type project, I can see his promotion basically being Global Force Wrestling redux.

But with 500% more skulls and iron crosses.  Just skulls and iron crosses as far as the eye can see. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Calling it now.  Flair signs with AEW, somehow gets ahold of da book, and proves he learned well from Dusty by booking himself to win the title from Omega while Hangman Page feuds with... um, Colt Cabana.

• Haha 1

Whatever griding means...anyway, get in line Jonah mate, the Redeemer has plenty of other men to crush. Although Fuego's 0-14 in 2021 singles, so he probably has more a claim than the current challenger. 

Another possible purge of talent probably post Summerslam. However WWE still needs enough roster members to fill up the Raw, SD, NXT, NXT UK brands. So the purging will stop at some number.

205 is basically NXT branded guys with 3 regular 205 only roster members. 

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

They’re giving the gimmick to Rey. Got it.

Rey modifying the 619’s through-the-ropes-legs-rotato into a spinning mandible claw would be something.

The next roster draft could probably move all remaining 205 guys to NXT, and 205 becomes NXT show for whatever's left of the NXT small guys. Too early to speculate if they will replace 205 next year, but the cruiser title will probably be sticking around.

Edited by D.Z

1 hour ago, Spontaneous said:

How much longer until 205 just stops getting mentioned? I'm shocked they haven't decided to scrap it and the cruiserweight title. It doesn't seem to serve a purpose anymore if they don't want to hire smaller wrestlers. 

205 Livecould know mean how many people are now on the payroll.

• Haha 1

They taped a Joe Gacy vs Josh Briggs match for this week's 205 Live. Those two hosses sure don't scream cruiserweight to me lol.

I think it's pretty obvious they will transition 205 Live into just another enhancement show like Main Event. There's really no benefit to keeping it cruiserweight branded. The Cruiserweight Classic was awesome. But with anything that gets over, it got tinkered with until it was watered down and not the original idea anymore. WWE is best at being WWE. Not much else survives there. Alternative brands (ECW, WWECW, NXT, 205 Live) that don't fit Vince's vision are destined to fizzle out.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3