DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

If I were to guess, it probably wasn't Vince saying that about short dudes. That sounds much more like something Bruce would say AND put in writing because Bruce is a fucking idiot.

I mean the guy was still doing Asian and Native American stereotypes on his podcast until I'm guessing he got hired back by WWE.

I also like that WWE is supposedly trying to be this super progressive company but still refer to smaller wrestlers like it's 1996. Hey, I thought it was AEW's job to set the wrestling industry back 2 or 3 decades.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I mean the guy was still doing Asian and Native American stereotypes on his podcast until I'm guessing he got hired back by WWE.

I also like that WWE is supposedly trying to be this super progressive company but still refer to smaller wrestlers like it's 1996. Hey, I thought it was AEW's job to set the wrestling industry back 2 or 3 decades.

God, I haven't listened to that podcast in so long that I totally forgot about that shit. 

We should just start referring to Bruce as Wormtongue.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Honestly this feels like we are going 40 years full circle and AEW/MLW/IMPACT/AAA/NJPW is the return of territory wrestling with guys moving around promoters being okay with loaning talent

I do wonder if we get to a point from the last successful years of territory wrestling where guys (like some of the Crockett guys for example) only work for Vince because it's their last option. The guys who didn't go in the initial talent raids left because Crockett went broke (or the territories they worked in got sold/went under) and there was no other real places to go. I know there are guys who still would love to work in WWE since it's their childhood dream and it's a quality paycheck, but there is now firm evidence on why not to go.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

SummerSlam 2019. Only two years ago. Bray Wyatt reinvents himself as the presenter of kids show and as The Fiend, horror like character. Two different personas. A merchandise seller WWE fucked it up and released Bray Wyatt. Wyatt must be pissed at them. I'd damn sure be. When I think of the Fiend, it's always his first entrance at SummerSlam 2019. Wyatt carrying a macabre lantern of a decapitated head of his previous gimmick, Code Orange's reworking of Broken Out in Love and the white spotlights as Wyatt entered the ring. The holy shit chants said it all. This entrance was so much better than the red lights shortly added afterwards.

Bray Wyatt constantly producing golden geese that lay millions of golden eggs and WWE kills them.

I like that we have this post-WWE expanded universe where wrestlers are like Batman rogues escaping from Arkham Asylum (WWE).

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Thanks 1

Can anyone tell me why the idea of HHH leaving WWE is floating around? As much as I'd like to see HHH start a NOAH-like promotion out of NXT, it seems well into the category of ludicrous fantasy. HHH is a full-on McMahon cultist himself most importantly, but on top of that, he would be losing out on millions of dollars and would probably make his marriage rather uncomfortable. I know he actually loves wrestling, but when has he ever not looked out for himself first?

Edited by Go2Sleep
  • Like 3

I don't think he and/or Stephanie would leave until either pushed out or the company was sold. 

But he's a lifer in the business (like Flair) so him starting a new company eventually makes sense. 

Right now? No. 

• Like 2

The thing is Paul's father in law effectively priced out anyone who isn't a billionaire or multi-billionaire from being competitive in pro wrestling promotion. Unless he plans on doing a Robert Rodriguez Lucha Underground type project, I can see his promotion basically being Global Force Wrestling redux.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I wonder how close to being billionaires or even half-billoinaires Hunter and Steph would be jointly if they sold ALL their stock right now. 

Are they willing to spend half or close to half their (new) personal wealth on a wrestling promotion? Add in the fact, they would be potential competition for WWE. All's fair in love and war. Hell, at that point, it truly would be a wrestling war again.

4 hours ago, kenyabaxterZXW said:

Alexander Wolfe had his first match back for wXw on Saturday and apparently held a promo saying he came back from what he thought was a dream, but turned out to be a nightmare. Remember that wXw is a WWE-affiliated promotion that airs on the WWE Network. Awkward. They'll probably just cut that part out, when the show airs on the network.

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Can anyone tell me why the idea of HHH leaving WWE is floating around? As much as I'd like to see HHH start a NOAH-like promotion out of NXT, it seems well into the category of ludicrous fantasy. HHH is a full-on McMahon cultist himself most importantly, but on top of that, he would be losing out on millions of dollars and would probably make his marriage rather uncomfortable. I know he actually loves wrestling, but when has he ever not looked out for himself first?

Everyone in Vince's orbit at some point must go. even Pat Patterson came and went a few times. Trips seems to have fallen out of favor. Now I don't see him starting a promotion but I could see him taking a smaller and smaller role and eventually retiring 

38 minutes ago, The Z said:

Alexander Wolfe had his first match back for wXw on Saturday and apparently held a promo saying he came back from what he thought was a dream, but turned out to be a nightmare. Remember that wXw is a WWE-affiliated promotion that airs on the WWE Network. Awkward. They'll probably just cut that part out, when the show airs on the network.

Let’s see how long they stay an affiliate under Vince & Nick K.

8 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Let’s see how long they stay an affiliate under Vince & Nick K.

Well, they also played this song in the arena before show start:

I don't know, if you can read too much into that, but it's funny none the less.

Under UK Employment law, not many.

But the entire male roster is either under 6 foot or over 30 years old. Sam Gradwell is the closest to qualifying, he only turned 30 a month or two ago.

5 hours ago, zendragon said:

Honestly this feels like we are going 40 years full circle and AEW/MLW/IMPACT/AAA/NJPW is the return of territory wrestling with guys moving around promoters being okay with loaning talent

I distinctly remember Terry Funk’s 1998 shoot, he called it...the territories would come back in another form. The Funker is a prophet that walks among us...the voice of one wrapped in barbwire calling people ‘jackass’ and hitting left handed haymakers.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Z said:

Well, they also played this song in the arena before show start:

I don't know, if you can read too much into that, but it's funny none the less.

Oh my God, they even cut the music during the chorus. Yeah, I think WWE stopped picking up WXW’s phone calls.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

I'm interested in what happens when Bray (under his new name) turns up somewhere as The Fiend (maybe with a few changes). Would the WWE claim copyright on everything about the character? Hopefully Bray has a good entertainment lawyer to handle the mess.

FYI, since we're still talking Wyatt, Sapp confirmed today that Wyatt's time off had NOTHING to do with mental health issues.

That was just a bad internet rumor that people ran with, including plenty here.

• Thanks 1