DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

Selfishly, though, I have to say that all this suits me just fine.  I haven't watched WWE in years and probably won't until it's sold to somebody else.  I watch AEW, ROH, some indies, and MLW whenever that comes back.  Only one wrestling company feels the need to completely retrain talented wrestlers to make them bland.  So I'd rather WWE focus on teaching 6'2" 245 up and comer Brick McMeathead how to do their boring shit instead of side-tracking the careers of talented guys I actually like to watch.  I've already lost Steen, Generico, Strong, Cole, Ciampa, Claudio, etc., but if it the practice of hiring cool indy guys and ruining them ended with this weekend's bloodletting, I'm fine with it.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

I don't think the answer is taller, more jakked dudes or a return to the last year of FCW/first years of NXT.  [b]But I don't blame Vince for wanting to blow it up.[/b]  It seems like he gave Paul what he wanted in terms of money and autonomy and doesn't have a lot to show for it.  [NXT is neither a viable third brand nor a reliable feeder system for the main roster nor a tool to use against AEW.  

He's probably looking at NXT and thinking it's not going to be worth much in the years ahead.  Not a lot of people (on NXT TV, at least) that seem like good bets to make the main roster, much less really make an impact on Raw or SDL.

Oh no, you should DEFINITELY blame Vince.

A lot of those guys coming up from NXT came up with genuine momentum and genuine crowd reactions: one only has to go back to debuts for Nakamura, Bobby Roode, Enzo & Cass; Samoa Joe; Ricochet; Aleister Black, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens etc.etc.  They all came to WWE with an already built-in audience ready to appreciate them. Then took away things that made them stand out, changed what worked for them in NXT, or 50/50 booked them until they no different than anyone else. Since WWE wants to be Marvel, it would be like Marvel hiring Chris Hemsworth to be Thor, making him stop using his accent, then making him win against low-level villains but also losing to said low-level villains, then getting mad when no one sees Thor on the same level as Iron Man. Then, in response to it not working out, deciding to hire younger, bigger guys and putting them through the same process.

• Like 5

Why does Nick Khan get the blame for being Vince's hatchet man? 

Great, all-time promo regardless. Something happened with Vince in 2002 though. His voice noticeably changed, like deeper and from the chest. Sounded like he was always backed up with phlegm. Gross. HGH hitting differently or something. 

Yeah, I almost say the problem was just how people were booked on the main roster. There is zero reason Andrade, Aleistar Black, Ricochet, and numerous others shouldn't be pushed heavily when coming out of NXT. 

Look at the homie WALTER. Remember his 2 minute stint in Survivor Series a couple of years ago? WWE just doesn't know how to book people anymore, that's all. They still think that it only counts if it happens in a WWE ring (RAW or SD that is) and if it didn't, you don't know about it. It's legitimately treating the fans like idiots.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

Usually when you sit through that much bad acting, there's some fucking afterward.  What a waste.

It's Youtube, not Dailymotion.

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Wonder how long till people realize "WWE is a literal prison" has become hackneyed. Oh well, they can always sprinkle a little of the Cody dust on him too so he looks like a super genius. 

Looks like a Max Payne cutscene. I kinda dig it visually.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

6 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Usually when you sit through that much bad acting, there's some fucking afterward.  What a waste.

Well, Murphy and Black have both hinted on social media that Murphy's AEW bound, so at least there will be a Happy Ending for a lot of you.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Spoiler alert, dude! Just reminded me of an all time great tweet:

Brazzers after the Hell in a Cell match, Seth Rollins vs. The Fiend at Hell in a Cell 2019.

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

What is the subtitle to the next Takeover?  I'm really hoping it's TakeOver: No More Midgets.

For what it's worth,  I'm asking everyone nicely, please do not use that word unless it's in the context of a very specific quote to further your point. 

It is a derogatory term against little people and should be phased out of your lexicon.  

Thanks. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Wonder how long till people realize "WWE is a literal prison" has become hackneyed. Oh well, they can always sprinkle a little of the Cody dust on him too so he looks like a super genius. 

So, who could the reference to "the devil himself" be hinting at?

I know Punk said he was "the devil himself" in his ROH Summer of Punk promo.

9 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For what it's worth,  I'm asking everyone nicely, please do not use that word unless it's in the context of a very specific quote to further your point. 

It is a derogatory term against little people and should be phased out of your lexicon.  

Thanks. 

Understood!  And I hope you know that was my intent -- quoting their alleged internal memo.

Speaking of which, let that be your weekly reminder of how truly awful those in charge of this company are.  How did the under 6' guys still working there feel when that got out?  Like hey Roderick Strong, forget about how long you worked to get there and how hard you worked to get really good at wrestling.  All they see is your height.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If I were to guess, it probably wasn't Vince saying that about short dudes. That sounds much more like something Bruce would say AND put in writing because Bruce is a fucking idiot.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1