DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

I wanna see Bray come in playing mind games with Cody, claiming to be his illegitimate brother, dressing himself in a polka dot leotard, calling himself Husky Rhodes etc

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Dark Order is ridiculously over as reluctant faces following Jon Huber's death but if there were ever the will to book them as heels again, Wyatt would probably work as a new Exalted One leadership figure.

Not sure if I'd put Bray in the ring, though.

There’s something to the idea of Bray coming in to “take up his brother’s sword” and leading the Dark Order in Brodie’s stead. If you want to get back to them being heels, spin off Jon Silver & Colt Cabana and replace them with Rowan. Have them get back to recruiting people & stuff.

• Like 1

It's now or never, but I still want to see Bray as part of the Sullivan family. Decades ago Sullivan made a deal with the devil for the soul of Blackjack's grandson and he's come to collect.

Bo could be the new Maniac Mark Lewin. 

11 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I don't want Bray to join the Dark Order. Just stay far, far away. They've got an amazing thing going right now.

I wouldn't mess with them right now, either.  They are hilariously over as the AEW Island of Misfit Toys but that's only going to last so long.  Should they ever return to their sinister roots, you could do a lot worse than Bray Wyatt as the mouthpiece.

Push come to shove, you could always split the unit in half and have them feud against each other.  There are three or four absurdly good tag team combinations in Dark Order.  That schism war could last for months and the matches would probably rule.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

It's now or never, but I still want to see Bray as part of the Sullivan family. Decades ago Sullivan made a deal with the devil for the soul of Blackjack's grandson and he's come to collect.

It's never. I know they haven't been shy about referencing wrestling history or bringing out names from the past, but Bray would be dragged down by bringing in Sullivan. It's not like having Jake with Lance Archer while the crowd familiarizes itself with him, or having Tully accompany Shawn Spears. Bray is a former world champ, a man who beat John Cena, and a man who was one of the WWE's biggest merch sellers for a while. He doesn't need to be some other guy's crony.

The amount of rehash-our-youth fantasy booking we get up to here is truly astonishing.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Push come to shove, you could always split the unit in half and have them feud against each other.  There are three or four absurdly good tag team combinations in Dark Order.  That schism war could last for months and the matches would probably rule.

I'd really not prefer WWE-style breakups in this company.

If Bray Wyatt isn't safe, I feel like no one is. Randy Orton, Kevin Owens, Dolph Ziggler, Cesaro, or Seth Rollins could all be cut next week.

I just find this all deeply unsettling. Bray Wyatt was probably one of the most compelling interesting homegrown characters WWE had in years. An heir apparent to Undertaker and Mankind. And then, he was still able to reinvent that character and turn straw into gold once again with the Firefly FunHouse. 

It's like WWE never knew what they had and squandered Bray Wyatt at every turn.

And you know once you have a character as over as the Fiend, WWE did everything in their power to sabotage it. First was that trash at Hell in a Cell, and then having him job clean to f'n 53-year-old Goldberg in Saudi Arabia. An absolute joke.

What Vince McMahon and WWE Creative did to Bray Wyatt/The Fiend is unforgivable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
19 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

With all these releases, who in the WWE would you still want to pay money to go see? 

Walter. 

Probably Becky. 

Maybe Finn.

That's about it. 

Walter, Reigns, AJ, Thatcher, Balor, O'Reilly, Cesaro.

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

20 hours ago, The Natural said:

For me, the must sees:

WALTER.

Roman Reigns.

Sasha Banks.

Bayley when she's back.

Becky Lynch.

Bianca Belair.

That's it. Maybe Finn Balor.

Messed up forgetting Cesaro, AJ Styles and Kevin Owens.

2 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

If Bray Wyatt isn't safe, I feel like no one is. Randy Orton, Kevin Owens, Dolph Ziggler, Cesaro, or Seth Rollins could all be cut next week.

I just find this all deeply unsettling. Bray Wyatt was probably one of the most compelling interesting homegrown characters WWE had in years. An heir apparent to Undertaker and Mankind. And then, he was still able to reinvent that character and turn straw into gold once again with the Firefly FunHouse. 

It's like WWE never knew what they had and squandered Bray Wyatt at every turn.

And you know once you have a character as over as the Fiend, WWE did everything in their power to sabotage it. First was that trash at Hell in a Cell, and then having him job clean to f'n 53-year-old Goldberg in Saudi Arabia. An absolute joke.

What Vince McMahon and WWE Creative did to Bray Wyatt/The Fiend is unforgivable.

This!

Feel for Bray Wyatt reinventing himself twice, as the cult leader and as the children's TV host with The Fiend alter ego. The latter was more impressive considering where Bray was in 2018 right down the card. Bray bet on himself going in a totally different direction, a gimmick overhaul and won. Liked Bray Wyatt from the Wyatt Family through to the kids TV show/The Fiend. Wyatt tended not to win the big one either, he lost to John Cena at WrestleMania XXX, The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXXI, Randy Orton at WrestleMania XXXIII, Seth Rollins at Hell in a Cell 2019, dropping the WWE Universal Championship to fucking Goldberg in Saudi Arabia and again to Orton at WrestleMania XXXVII in his last WWE match. Inexcusable by Vince McMahon and WWE creative.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Respectively -- let TNA have him, good I'd rather see him somewhere else, icky poo, see Owens, and yay the triumphant ROHturn of Tyler Black.

Edited by nate
Unfunny snark.

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Bray was very much the modern Luger right? Great look, questionable in ring worker, over with the crowds, always around the main event scene, and had his balls cut off every time they made any sort of attempt to run with him. 

This is not a bad comparison.  I'd also argue that both are much better in ring workers than they get credit for, especially when allowed to work towards their strengths.  Honestly, I don't think anyone has any real problem with Bray's in-ring work as much as they have a problem with the goofy shit they've asked him to do.  I don't care how good you are, no one is going to make a match that stops to put a video of maggots on the mat work.  

• Like 4

I've liked Bray since the tank with a Ferrari engine (or whatever it was) days on NXT. Back then my wife used to half watch the shows with me, and one time Husky Harris came on and she was like "oh, what was that guy called? Beefy Watson?" So my vote for Bray's new name is Beefy Watson.

The HIAC with Rollins is legit the match that made me quit watching WWE for good. Full 'cancel the network' quitting. But I think the man himself has a lot of talent and I'd love to see him show up in AEW to see what he can do in a different environment. 

Not being able to write stories for Bray Wyatt was the sign for me that WWE had lost their ability to write at all. Which is why I'm so done with them.

• Like 2