DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

You don't need to match them up with anybody, and your idea to match them with CM Punk is terrible.

As for Bray, hopefully he is doing okay mentally, and if he wants to keep wrestling, I hope he finds some place he enjoys.

• Like 1

There are a lot of great teams you could put Punk with if you wanted to go that way. Bear Country, Butcher/Blade. He could steal Private Party away from HFO and try to turn em edge.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
Just thought of this one for PP, the heat when they change the weight unit from ounces of vodka cran to cans of diet pepsi
  • Haha 1

It's a bit leftfield, but I could maybe get behind Coach CM Punk with the Varsity Blonds. He can make them sign pledges not to drink and Brian "It is astounding how many free drinks I recieve for simply having a mullet" Pillman Jnr. can be all Randall Floyd about it.

I mean, it's a better idea than pairing him with The Acclaimed anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

It's a bit leftfield, but I could maybe get behind Coach CM Punk with the Varsity Blonds. He can make them sign pledges not to drink and Brian "It is astounding how many free drinks I recieve for simply having a mullet" Pillman Jnr. can be all Randall Floyd about it.

I mean, it's a better idea than pairing him with The Acclaimed anyway.

I like your idea a lot. It'd be kind of a retread of the Straight Edge Society stuff, but him making those guys shave their long ass beautiful blonde hair would probably garner a great reaction

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Bring in Brion Milonas and the Beer City Bruiser then?

I always thought "Windham Rotunda" was a weird name, because those are two weird names and they're both last names as well; never liked people having two first names or two last names. Like, is his middle name his mother's maiden last name? 

No. His first name is his mother's maiden name.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I really don’t think Punk would want to do another angle like that again. He’s probably tired of reminding people he’s straight edge anyway.

Or they lean into it and pair Punk with the Straight Edge Skeleton Twink and his Born-Again Goth Dad.

2 hours ago, colonial said:

I'm having a very difficult time accepting this Bray Wyatt release -- not due to "budget cuts" or "management had nothing for you". Rather, it's about mental health.

Based on what we've read and heard, it's clear he was suffering due to Brodie Lee's passing. As we saw on social media and AEW Dynamite after his death, so many people loved Brodie and considered him a friend. Bray was paired up with him for years -- probably traveled together, spent time with each other's families, etc. Brodie was probably a family member in Bray's eyes, and his death was the equivalent of losing a sibling.

I have no clue what the WWE does to help its "independent contractors" with mental health issues, grief, loss and the like. But the fact the WWE made the decision to pretty much throw him out on his butt is quite troubling. Perhaps getting back into the ring full-time would have helped with closure -- who knows? 

It's hard to get into WWE nowadays given such recent behavior -- not punishing the one Uso for his DUI offenses, allegedly to "protect the possibility of a Reigns-Rock match", is truly baffling.

Eh, the problem is there has never really been anything confirming that Bray was out for mental health issues. It was just a well spread rumor with nothing really backing it up. 

Not sure where you got Jimmy Uso not being punished was to protect Rock/Roman. That is the first I have heard of it. WWE doesn't punish guys and gals for DUIs in general. They should but don't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Well, actually only one dude raps. They don’t need to match up that much, the only thing they need to be in common with Punk is their brashness with saying controversial things. Do we really need to just match them with another black person?

Why are your bringing skin color into this? I didn't suggest an alternative that also happened to be black or anything, so...

My laughing at that was based on Punk & Acclaimed could not be further apart. You got Castor doing dis tracks. You got Bowens with the big speaker and chain. Those are what their characters are based on. They talk, dress, and represent millennial hip hop culture. Punk is a old school punk music die hard who is close friends with dudes like the singer from Rancid. He's also in his 40s and straight edge. Nothing about that pairing makes any sense what so ever. And no skin color was never factored into that.

But sure let's just mash shit up that makes no sense. Bob Backlund is bound to be the new leader of The Dark Order then right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Well, actually only one dude raps. They don’t need to match up that much, the only thing they need to be in common with Punk is their brashness with saying controversial things. Do we really need to just match them with another black person?

I can't tell if this is a bit or not. You're fantasy booking ideas are consistently awful and illogical. It's so consistent that it makes me think it's a bit. I honestly can't tell. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Matt D said:

The big mistake was not having the Wyatt Family take over WWE from the Authority somehow. 

Dark Order is ridiculously over as reluctant faces following Jon Huber's death but if there were ever the will to book them as heels again, Wyatt would probably work as a new Exalted One leadership figure.

Not sure if I'd put Bray in the ring, though.

• Like 1

Cody as the third man with CM Punk and Bryan Danielson would be absolutely gold. Sign me up for that. The fans would HATE Cody putting himself in that position, I can feel the anger already 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1