DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

There's a question left unasked and that is what name he will use in another federation.

Bray Wyatt was BW initials. Can't use Bray anymore but something similar sounding would help with recognition. My vote...

Beau Windham. Also BW initials. Beau / Bray very similar. Wyatt / Windham same amount of syllables. Just my two cents...

Bray Windham sounds great. He can use 'Bray', right? 

Probably not a good idea to lean on the Rotundo side of the family tree though...

EDIT: We could make up some really stupid ones. B. Windham like W. Morrissey, for example. Roham. The Artist Formerly Known as H. Harris.

Edited by Curt McGirt

26 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Bray Windham sounds great. He can use 'Bray', right? 

Probably not a good idea to lean on the Rotundo side of the family tree though...

EDIT: We could make up some really stupid ones. B. Windham like W. Morrissey, for example. Roham. The Artist Formerly Known as H. Harris.

Time to dust off the old Braun Strowman misnamings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CHRIST JESUS I forgot all about the existence of Bo Dallas. He was always a guilty pleasure. Dude should be working somewhere by now. 

I wonder how many pounds he gained standing there in catering? Or actually, was he just on Main Event all the time? 

Edited by Curt McGirt

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

There's a question left unasked and that is what name he will use in another federation.

"The US Express" Windham Rotundo.

4 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

I'm surprised but not really since they basically gave his gimmick away.  I think he is a creative guy by accounts.  I liked his work as husky Harris but year, his fiend stuff has been underwhelming ring wise because a to me the guy who thinks he has powers as actually works better than someone having powers. 

He's been mostly gimmick for so long don't know if the motivation is still there or the potential was squandered.

The supernatural part is what doomed The Fiend, IMO. Look at the 2019 HIAC match with Seth Rollins. Rollins hit Fiend with everything: 11 curb stomps, stairs, toolboxes, ladders, sledgehammers, cartoon mallets. Nothing worked. How is a wrestler like that supposed to be booked to eventually lose? It was more heavy-handed than Taker when he was first introduced.

To go further, the Taker/Fiend comparisons were wrong. Taker was a much simpler gimmick. And he was introduced to us as a mythical being from the start. We had swamp preacher Bray first--who was dark and creepy, but had no particular powers. He becomes The Fiend and it worked at first, but it was always going to hit a snag when he had to wrestle and no-sold everything.

Bray is clearly a creative guy. I can easily see him going into movies, both as an actor and writer. But his characters tend to go in a direction where they wind up cornered with no good way out. Some of that is on booking/creative. But some is on the character's origins, especially Fiend. And by most accounts, Bray was given a lot of freedom to develop his persona. And that's before getting into his in-ring work being hit and miss.

If Bray didn't ask for his release, it stinks, just like the other firings. But Nick Khan has been brought in as Vince's corporate headhunter. He's phasing out a lot of the long-term talent, along with anyone he thinks they've hit a peak with. WWE has always been built around a handful of big names, but it feels different now. Maybe because they're at no risk of going out of business this time with all the TV/streaming deals. Khan is taking Vince's philosophy--WWE is an entertainment company first and foremost--and pushing the gas to full speed. It's not pretty or polite. But it's not supposed to be, not in this captialist world.

Interesting times.

Edited by Burgundy LaRue
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1