DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

Poor wording on my part, I REALLY don't think he should be "humbled" or any bullshit like that. (FWIW I'm sure I'd enjoy seeing him in AEW really. Their roster just seems practically overstuffed now, at least until we get a second show. In another fed, he'd be a shot of much-needed star power.)

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

I think theres room in the Venn Diagram to say both “i hope released wrestler lands on his feet “ and “I dont think said wrestler would he a good fit in a promotion” without being a jerk about it. The best example might be Hogan going to wcw in the mid 90s. 

• Like 1

Bray is definitely worth a signing from AEW. Just have him manage guys and be a rare wrestler, and maybe have him help creative, too. 

He's full of interesting ideas and is great on-screen as long as he's not wrestling. You could hide him in six-mans and by only booking him against super-workers like Bryan, but you don't even need to do that to get a lot out of him.

Was it ever confirmed that Bray asked for time off to deal with Brodie's death?  I vaguely remember Meltzer saying Vince thought he was out of shape and sent him home.  Never heard anything substantial about the other rumor.  

Hopefully Tony Khan doesn't drink the Kool-Aid and reach for the phone.

I'll say this, IF he does go to AEW I think he could do some fantastic stuff - but my goodness with the additions of CM Punk and Daniel Bryan I think Vince is purposely trying to make AEW's pockets so fat they explode. They keep signing all this talent, I'm telling you guys - eventually it's bound to piss off some of those cats that think they have a chance at doing something. Granted, it's not like they would be treated much better in WWE, but you don't think people like Sammy Guevara, MJF, Hangman Page, or even people further down like Ethan Page or Rey Fenix wouldn't be bothered by all and I mean all (Bray Wyatt, Punk, Danielson, Black, Andrade) - that's FIVE main event slots arguably right there plucked away from those potential younger talent.

Look, I'm as much of a homer as anyone for AEW as I'm sure you can tell by my posts in the weekly threads. But let's be real here, can AEW satisfy all of those names? Even with Rampage, that's what, three hours of meaningful television per week? 

And it sucks, because I would like him to go there and see him with creative freedom but at the same time gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins for a reason. Everything is good in moderation and we're gonna be tipping the barrels of "moderation" here pretty heavy. In a perfect world, I think it would be cool if Khan had certain guys just go places (almost like an excursion) for a period of time to keep them fresh. Joey Janela to Impact until like February, Andrade could go to AAA until March or April. Let them go and get involved in another ecosystem (just make a deal with the promotion per wrestler) so there isn't as much clutter. The way it goes now, some guys are barely wrestling and that isn't good for them in the ring either.

• Like 2

Bray rules. Best gimmick of the past decade. One of the best mic-workers and one of the most creative people, too. He was in the best match the WWE has maybe ever had (Vs. The Shield), had Daniel Bryan’s best match during the YES! Movement run (Royal Rumble), was the foil Bryan’s biggest pop, was one of the first reasons anyone went out of the way to watch NXT and more. 

I have little interest in seeing CM Punk or Daniel Bryan or Chris Jericho in AEW. Those guys had their visions in WWE executed for long periods of time and we saw what they were able to do.

But we never saw a fully actualalized version of Bray. That I want to see. 

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

I'll say this, IF he does go to AEW I think he could do some fantastic stuff - but my goodness with the additions of CM Punk and Daniel Bryan I think Vince is purposely trying to make AEW's pockets so fat they explode. They keep signing all this talent, I'm telling you guys - eventually it's bound to piss off some of those cats that think they have a chance at doing something. Granted, it's not like they would be treated much better in WWE, but you don't think people like Sammy Guevara, MJF, Hangman Page, or even people further down like Ethan Page or Rey Fenix wouldn't be bothered by all and I mean all (Bray Wyatt, Punk, Danielson, Black, Andrade) - that's FIVE main event slots arguably right there plucked away from those potential younger talent.

Look, I'm as much of a homer as anyone for AEW as I'm sure you can tell by my posts in the weekly threads. But let's be real here, can AEW satisfy all of those names? Even with Rampage, that's what, three hours of meaningful television per week? 

And it sucks, because I would like him to go there and see him with creative freedom but at the same time gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins for a reason. Everything is good in moderation and we're gonna be tipping the barrels of "moderation" here pretty heavy. In a perfect world, I think it would be cool if Khan had certain guys just go places (almost like an excursion) for a period of time to keep them fresh. Joey Janela to Impact until like February, Andrade could go to AAA until March or April. Let them go and get involved in another ecosystem (just make a deal with the promotion per wrestler) so there isn't as much clutter. The way it goes now, some guys are barely wrestling and that isn't good for them in the ring either.

I get this, but TK rotates guys in and out and even rotates through feuds and people he is featuring unless you're a tippy top talent and even then they can often be seen just cutting a few words of a pompous promo before getting their face kicked in. It helps keep people fresh both to the audience and physically. As Khan has said in interviews, you don't need an offseason for wrestlers if you book certain ways. 

I know the Fiend was largely polarizing but his original Max Cady character was a licence to print money. I would love to see him interact with Jake Roberts. He's a guy that could get people that are floundering over. Craig suggested Butcher and Blade and that would be such a great visual with the Nightbreed mask. 

37 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

but my goodness with the additions of CM Punk and Daniel Bryan I think Vince is purposely trying to make AEW's pockets so fat they explode.

Nobody knows how deep Tony's pockets are.  There was this rumor that AEW spent their reserves on Big Show.  Well since then they've signed Andrade, Black,  Thunder Rosa and maybe a couple other huge signings in the works.  

The truth is Tony is a billionaire and only he knows what the ceiling is.  

4 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

In a better world, right now we could have a Smackdown where Roman and The Usos are bragging about all they have done, and the lights go out and The Wyatts are in the ring and things jump off from there.

Or Roman and the Usos are in the ring talking their shit and the beat drops and out comes The Hurt Business.   But sometimes Vince hates money. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

I remember thinking Roman was set up pretty good with Rusev, Strowman and Bray as future long term rivals in 2015. Boy was I wrong. 

I know it was seven years ago and a lot can happen in that time, but remember how Wyatts vs Shield was their big statement "this is what the future looks like" match?

Only Roman and Seth remain. 

• Sad 1

I'm surprised but not really since they basically gave his gimmick away.  I think he is a creative guy by accounts.  I liked his work as husky Harris but year, his fiend stuff has been underwhelming ring wise because a to me the guy who thinks he has powers as actually works better than someone having powers. 

He's been mostly gimmick for so long don't know if the motivation is still there or the potential was squandered.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Nobody knows how deep Tony's pockets are.  There was this rumor that AEW spent their reserves on Big Show.  Well since then they've signed Andrade, Black,  Thunder Rosa and maybe a couple other huge signings in the works.  

The truth is Tony is a billionaire and only he knows what the ceiling is.  

Oh yeah, I didn't mean quite literally. I'm saying Vince is trying to "feed" so much food to Tony that they explode from gluttony. Giving him all of HIS stars to make Tony's young stars phased out almost. I guess the "pockets" was a bad analogy lol

Simone Biles takes a break for her mental health, the public at large lauds her bravery.

Bray Wyatt takes a break for his mental health, "we wish you well on your future endeavors."

#WWEoptics

• Like 6