DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

I can’t say I’ve personally enjoyed much of what he’s done since the original Wyatt Family run on the main roster, but Bray has successfully reinvented himself as a wildly popular character multiple times in his career already, so I wouldn’t bet against him doing it again, wherever he lands.

• Like 3

With that in mind, yeah sign this boy up. You could do a lot with this guy between Malakai Black and/or imploding the Dark Order, giving Page something worthwhile to do in the meantime. He looks in tremendous shape and is rocking the red and black wolfpac Vans I got. Good brother. Would love to see what he could do without getting his legs cut out from underneath him. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Did you expect them to use pics from his twitter and instagram? The Fiend?

Are you insinuating WWE have no photos of Bray out of character since he started being The Fiend? You know like the Firefly Funhouse picture of not in gimmick Bray they used allllll the time to promote the funhouse segments? Or the matches regular Bray worked? To answer your question, no I don't expect them to use a Twitter picture. I expect them to use one of the 100s of professional promo pictures they make him take backstage. One current to what he looks like, not one from 3 years ago at his most out of shape.

ETA: Sorry if that sounds like I'm salty with you lol. I'm not. Came out harsher than I intended because I'm so baffled.

14 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Actually nobody should expect a released wrestler to made to look good, or remind their fans of his most marketable personality.

That is a jaded view and a shitty way to look at it. You are probably right in that being how WWE views it. I just don't like it. I expect more class out of them than that. I shouldn't. But I do.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
Smoothing some rough edges

I’m all here for WWE releasing the people I enjoy (not the Fiend tho) and them going to a place where they have creative freedom and aren’t touring more than half the year. Keep it up, Nick Khan!

4 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

That is a jaded view and a shitty way to look at it. You are probably right in that being how WWE views it. I just don't like it. I expect more class out of them than that. I shouldn't. But I do.

Them? Naaaah… They love ya, until they don’t.

The people who think this release is expected only remembers Bray as the Fiend and not as well Bray   But he was always made to look like nothing at WrestleMania and people stopped caring.  But his FCW/NXT and first 2 or 3 years of Wyatt Family was damn good stuff 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Are you insinuating WWE have no photos of Bray out of character since he started being The Fiend? You know like the Firefly Funhouse picture of not in gimmick Bray they used allllll the time to promote the funhouse segments? Or the matches regular Bray worked? To answer your question, no I don't expect them to use a Twitter picture. I expect them to use one of the 100s of professional promo pictures they make him take backstage. One current to what he looks like, not one from 3 years ago at his most out of shape.

Just feels more likely they chose a pic a random than anything petty. Until you said I had no idea when that pic was from or that he was at his most out of shape then.

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I wouldn't mind Bray returning to his Cape Fear persona. Shit, stick HIM with the Butcher and the Blade and finally introduce trios titles. 

As long as it got rid of Butcher and Blade and Bunny from the Matt Hardy group then absolutely

21 minutes ago, Gorman said:

Vince said, maybe we could give AEW some more talent.

Yeah the first thing I thought of was that crack he made. Bray is definitely that guy he'd release and rehire. 

He looks GREAT now, though for his body type that might be skinny, which might not be as good as it looks (think: the mental health issues). Of all the guys, even though I think he'd be great in AEW... they've got enough right now. Let him go to ROH or Impact. Have him kill Vincent or team up with Decay. Let him see what it's like closer to the bottom and let us see what he can do there.

Then I'll just say that I'm not interested in seeing it again in AEW.

EDIT: And because I believe I was being referred to in the main thread about wishing him not getting work, that is not the case. If he gets a job with them, great. I wish no ill will on the man, I'm just fantasy booking like any of you.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate that more than "let him see what it's like closer to the bottom." We all think it's ridiculous the shit Vince and company will put a talent through to test their attitude out, so as fans we shouldn't be wanting to see talents be brought low and humbled like that. 

I understand not wanting to see any particular person's work though. Preferences are preferences. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati