DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

Speaking purely as a wrestling fan, Breeze is the release that intrigues me the most. He’s a guy that I’ve never seen outside of WWE, and by all accounts he’s got a lot of talent. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do on his own. 

• Like 1

I joked that after the last round of cuts that you could build a third national company bigger than impact and smaller than aew just based on who was released. 

That comment is even less of a joke now.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I joked that after the last round of cuts that you could build a third national company bigger than impact and smaller than aew just based on who was released. 

That comment is even less of a joke now.

It is simply amazing how much Ring of Honor doesn't exist anymore.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

That'll teach those disobedient wrestlers if they think they can keep a steady income! 

The curse of the independent contractor!

If the releases keep up I fully expect Raw to be replaced by a 3 hour version of someone playing WWE 2k.

7 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

It is simply amazing how much Ring of Honor doesn't exist anymore.

Oh shit, I always forget about ROH, but I'd rank them under Impact and maybe even MLW.

22 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

At this point the rererebooted NWA has more relevance to me than ROH.

Not arguing any of this. I just think it's crazy given where they were situated pre-COVID, or at least pre-AEW. I'm not sure how RoH was the #2 company in the US in 2018. Since then they embarrassed themselves at the MSG show, willingly co-promoted All In which wound up being the catalyst for a huge roster exodus, lost their CMLL relationship, damaged their NJPW relationship (how long did Lifeblood last?) had next to no gameplan per how to deal with no-crowd wrestling, bet on the incredibly wrong horse in Scurll, bet on several other wrong horses in Flip Gordon, Bully Ray, Dalton Castle and Matt Taven, never put together a functional women's division, dealt with the Kelly Klein lawsuit and Joey Mercury whistleblowing... fuck, is there anything I'm forgetting?

You'd think with this influx of free agents and ample time spent licking their wounds, Ring of Honor could feasibly rebound. But with Sinclair in charge of the purse strings I don't know if I can expect them to make up any lost ground to Impact, MLW, NWA... and with RoH's contracts being the way they are, GCW, PWG + others are probably going to outdraw them because they'll have AEW guys on the bill.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 3

There is something about the ultra shitty ads that run during RoH that makes them look more low rent than NWA. I'm talking about the leg wraps or pain pads or whatever the hell they are.

I totally forgot about the MGS boondoggle. Hmm, MGS Boondoggle should be the name of a PWG show. Anyway, I forgot all about that, the Kelly Klein lawsuit, and Joey Mercury being a whistleblower. Then again, practically a mountain of shit was shoveled on all of us last year, so forgetting about all of that stuff makes sense.

• Like 1