DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

1 minute ago, christopher.annino said:

I know the answer already, but hypothetically I'd wonder if WWE swiftly dumping people from recent "training classes" will prevent indie folk from signing in the first place. 

200.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, odessasteps said:

I had to check the date to see if that was from today or the last bunch of roster cuts.

The picture is from now - the 2nd tweet was from when Duke got released

Just now, RunningFromAmerica said:

Sorry if already posted but just ready Bollywood Boys are gone, along with Arturo 'oh I thought he would be in the DIamond Mine' Ruas.

I really wonder if the Roddy/Suzuki/Rust grouping was a last-minute audible in advance of Ruas's release.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, worldcupfever said:

I really wonder if the Roddy/Suzuki/Rust grouping was a last-minute audible in advance of Ruas's release.

Khan supposedly only had the meeting this morning about who was to be fired. And it was already mentioned previously that he doesn't care about what's planned as in storylines, so I doubt he gave anyone in NXT a four day head start.

See when I read the six months Tweet thing I assumed internally WWE has decided to scrap the 205 Live brand (effective at the end of the year). Maybe they have international contracts in place and have to finish out the year. This round of cuts is majorly focused on 205 guys and the Cruiserweight Champion doesn't even appear on there anymore. I get the Woods talk, but this seems way more likely to be what Sapp is referencing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D.Z said:

205 is only 5 wrestlers now. 

They might as well have just posted a statement saying "WWE has released the following talents from their contracts: 205 Live".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Khan supposedly only had the meeting this morning about who was to be fired. And it was already mentioned previously that he doesn't care about what's planned as in storylines, so I doubt he gave anyone in NXT a four day head start.

Interesting.  It feels like such a thrown-together group (especially since all of the talk was that Suzuki was strictly there to train) that this would have helped make sense of it.  

Thought I read somewhere that there was internal talk about doing "more cruiserweight material" and emphasizing that title/belt more on NXT proper. No need to do 205 Live With Five if that's the initiative moving forward.

And I see Nick Khan has followed the McMahon credo about not knowing what the flip is on TV.