DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

Is Nick Khan the most power that Vince has ever openly ceded to an executive? The guy is definitely very savvy and is probably viewing WWE similarly to how someone that comes from the Hollywood/Sports world would view any other property, but you've never really heard this much about a guy influencing this company like he has this last year.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eoae said:

I had no idea 205 Live was still a thing until I read this thread.

Next, you'll be telling me that Main Event is still on the air... somewhere.

Edit: I was sure Main Event had been canceled.  Nope, and apparently Karrion Kross was just on the show (not feeling sad about missing that).

Lol, what else is still on the air that I don't know about.

This week wasn't a great week, but some of the more interesting matches in WWE are on Main Event.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Looks like the "who somebody's married too" comment might have been about Marina Shafir as she is gone too

I would think Rousey & Baszler could've protected Shafir better than Roderick Strong. So much for Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen. No excuse for that not happening somewhere. 

15 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Xavier Woods' contract allegedly runs until 2024. Not sure what the six months comment is supposed to be about.

Correct - all three New Days signed contract extensions in Dec 2019 (which was confirmed by the WWE)

Now while not said by WWE - the reporter folks said they were 5 year deals so that would line up with Dec 2024

1 minute ago, just drew said:

I would think Rousey & Baszler could've protected Shafir better than Roderick Strong. So much for Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen. No excuse for that not happening somewhere. 

Shafir (and Duke, to a degree) being better at wrestling might've protected them even more.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

And speaking of which.....one wonders about the Gulak. 

Gulak is their "celebrity trainer" for lack of a better word

He was credited with helping to get Bad Bunny ready for Mania and that isn't the first time he has done that.

Theoretically - he has made himself very valuable behind the scenes

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Shafir (and Duke, to a degree) being better at wrestling might've protected them even more.

No, I get it. I just always thought that they could've locked the eight of them away in the PC and practiced hold for hold until the match was ready, like they apparently did the first women's Rumble match. One of the great "what if's..."

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

Looks like Tony Nese has been released. 

Well, if they had no use for Buddy Murphy, you just got three months of free money before your 90 days started. And I like Nese a lot.

Edited by Shartnado
Typos, drunk

Just now, RIPPA said:

He was credited with helping to get Bad Bunny ready for Mania and that isn't the first time he has done that.

I mean, Brian Myers and Joe Hennig both helped The Rock and Brock Lesnar at various points train for matches. I'm pretty sure Rock even specifically requested Myers' help. While they both might not be at the in-ring level of Gulak, it's not like WWE is in short supply of great wrestlers that could potentially help new recruits/returning big names/celebrities. They seem to cycle through wrestlers acting as pseudo trainers every few years anyway.

Also - Duke & Shafir being better wrestlers could have helped their chances (though I doubt it), but I also doubt Nick Khan would have given a single fuck if Ronda Rousey went to bat for them either - much less Shayna Baszler.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Curtis Axel had that role before, with The Rock putting him over on social media for helping him get back into ring shape. Not sure how long it was between that and getting Axed (sorry) but yeah, they'll always find somebody else to train the celebs and help the part-timers ?

Edit: @Caseyquicker on the trigger haha

Edited by christopher.annino

1 minute ago, christopher.annino said:

Curtis Axel had that role before, with The Rock putting him over on social media for helping him get back into ring shape. Not sure how long it was between that and getting Axed (sorry) but yeah, they'll always find somebody else to train the celebs and help the part-timers ?

Axel was released last year during the pandemic purge

So 4 years after Rock's last match

• Like 1