DVDVR Message Board

The Miami Dolphins Dumpster Fire Thread

Ryan

I don't follow the Dolphins that closely because I just don't give a shit about them, but are either of these two clowns even good players? I'd never heard of Martin before this came out, and hasn't Incognito been released like 3 or 4 times?

Nothing like a fine book (ie, a book of players being fined for breaking Offensive Line rules) where you repeatedly call someone a pussy.

(oh, and Icognito knew this was damning.. when he first got suspended he texted another player and begged them to destroy the evidence. They didn't.)

Then again, considering the lack of success from the Dolphins O-line last year, I'm not surprised they got..

(puts on sunglasses, CSI style)

caught holding.

Both things we thought to be true appear to be true, Incognito comes off like a bipolar dickhead, but Martin comes off as exceedingly hypersensitive.

Hypersensitive? Please

Dude called him "shine box" and other sorts of racist bullshit repeatedly. Incognito is lucky Martin wasn't a young Mean Joe Greene as he would've had a railroad spike driven into his skull

Both things we thought to be true appear to be true, Incognito comes off like a bipolar dickhead, but Martin comes off as exceedingly hypersensitive.

Hypersensitive? Please

Dude called him "shine box" and other sorts of racist bullshit repeatedly. Incognito is lucky Martin wasn't a young Mean Joe Greene as he would've had a railroad spike driven into his skull

I'm not saying Incognito was in the right. But Martin seemed to take everything directly on the chin.

Calling him hypersensitive was more observation than criticism. Hell, if I were to honestly assess myself, I'M hypersensitive.

Hypersensitive? Please

I'm not saying Incognito was in the right. But Martin seemed to take everything directly on the chin.

Calling him hypersensitive was more observation than criticism. Hell, if I were to honestly assess myself, I'M hypersensitive.

Ah, gotcha. My bad, Josh, for insinuating otherwise

Still stand by statement that Incognito is lucky he wasn't dealing with a 21-year-old Mean Joe Greene

Oakland fans know what it's like rooting for a dysfunctional franchise, so this one's for you Dolfan and other Bottlenose fans:

85Pd59R.gif

• Like 1

I didn't read all 90 pages or however long the report is, just what was in NYT today and brief snippets from ESPN. And I'm sorry, but I don't think Incognito deserves all the blame he's getting. Are some of the things he said disgusting? Sure. Racist? Yup. Uncalled for? Absolutely. But that's the mentality of a men's locker room. To call this a "classic case of bullying" is absurd. As someone who was both bullied a lot at a younger age (most likely more than the typical case), none of my tormentors ever ended a session with "If you need anything I'm here for you." Speaking as someone who was also on team sports later in life, none of this seems out of the ordinary. I can't tell you the number of times either after practice, or on the bus going to a game there would be a chant of "So-and-so's sister sucks dick" or "So-and-so's girlfriend fucks like a dead fish." When you get a lot of testosterone together in one placed, coupled with a competitive, physical atmosphere, this shit is bound to happen. Professional and non-professional levels alike.

Now, I don't know if this is a typical example of NFL lockerroom behavior (And I don't think anyone else here does either, for obvious reasons, but smart money says it is), but clearly after Incognito and co. saw the effects they were having on Martin, they should've let up. But don't go fooling yourselves into thinking this is an isolated incident, and that "policy changes" and whathaveyous can be enacted to ensure this doesn't happen again. Because it will. Not just in the NFL, but any physically intensive, male-dominated sport.

Oh, but you do know the ONLY time there wasn't a "So-and-so's mom eats ass" chant going on? When we had female managers on the bus.

Let's remove Martin and the other player from the situation for a moment.  What did the trainer do to deserve being verbally abused?  And he was in no position to really defend himself against it.  The man doesn't make enough money to put up with that BS.

Foul language, crude jokes--most people realize and accept that many pro athletes engage in such behavior when we're not looking.  But I think the average athlete has the good sense to leave staff members out of it.  Then again, Incognito fondled a woman with a golf club.  Dude isn't the paragon of good sense and discretion.

The behavior had long past the threshold of no return before Martin stormed out of the Dolphins' cafeteria.

• Like 2

If you didn't read it, then clearly you don't know whether or not I consider Incognito an awful person.

But to honestly answer your question, somewhere between Benoit and and a guy who brings his 7 year old to the 10 PM showing of the new Robocop movie.