DVDVR Message Board

Money In The Bank XII - 7/18/2021

Dolfan in NYC

First time watching WWE since the pandemic outside of the odd GIF and Reigns promo. I was thoroughly entertained through pretty much the whole show.

Pat McAfee and Cole are a solid team together, maybe Coles best partner since JBL or Tazz?

Charlotte and Rhea won the crowd back from the Becky stuff and the serious business competitive attitude was a nice contrast to the Nikki and Alexa stuff.

AJ working his magic keeping everything together with a green Omos and the crowd were way into him.

Reigns really is the man right now, every gesture and expression is hitting right (talk about another contrast with Cena with his goofy frivolity later). I couldn’t believe the shape that Edge was in and he pulled his weight. Went long, I know it was probably deliberate considering the composition of the show but still didn’t need over 30 minutes.

My favourite match was the men’s MITB, watching Riddle in his goofy glory again was a blast, and the ridonkulous spots and the feel-good moment at the end which I really wasn’t expecting.

Low point was Boogs making two appearances when zero would have sufficed.

• Like 2

Fun show. Both MITBs were good. Figured Nikki was winning as she had the most momentum going in. Was pulling for Riddle in the men's MITB. Tag titles match was solid. Lashley was put over excellently and is looking better than ever lately. Charlotte/Rhea was great, didn't expect the title change but loved the match. Awesome main event. Result never in doubt but I still bought Edge's last Spear near fall. And agreed 100% with @SirFozziethat the Seth backstage promo prior to completely ruined any speculation to the eventual outcome of the match. Cena's pop was an all time great, best/biggest pop in years, loved it and put the event over the top. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer was saying on the radio show this morning that one of the WWE's top goals again is getting Charlotte to 17 title reigns so he fully expects Nikki to successfully cash in on her (Charlotte) at some point

Well look at that

On 7/19/2021 at 4:52 PM, just drew said:

Not to be confused with Blood Alcohol Level…

I'm past the limit as we speak, so are at least two guys from that picture! Not Heyman, tho!

Edited by Shartnado
Why was that comma there?

On 7/19/2021 at 6:27 AM, The Natural said:

Monster pop. Welcome back, John Cena.

I love Cena coming back, we are the same age. In a year, I'll challenge him to take his shirt off. Then I'll challenge him to take a piss test. Anyway, does he not remember how last time went? He used 7 different Attitude Adjustments and still lost, bad! I love you, but run away, now! Reigns will fuck you up and dance on your grave!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, nofuture said:

We all wish we had moms as cool as that! I mean, I'm pretty sure I did, but I think she would have tried to hit on him with something less crass than " F me, Roman!" ...and I'm fully aware she's saying "FU, Roman", but I'm pretty sure my mom would be trying to get on his good side, even if I didn't like him (which I do)!

Edited by Shartnado
Clarification...

On 7/19/2021 at 3:53 AM, paintedbynumbers said:

New WWE Slogan  #dontbeabullybeadrunk

I'll actually take that, but strongly suggest no one else do neither! As in: "Be a nice guy and try to stay sober on the week days!"

Unless my ears are failing me it sounded like she said "We love you, Roman!" to which the kid looked at her like "Says you!"  Though regardless of which one it was that's still pretty damn funny.

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Unless my ears are failing me it sounded like she said "We love you, Roman!" to which the kid looked at her like "Says you!"  Though regardless of which one it was that's still pretty damn funny.

I'll take your word for it, and that's probably what my mom would have ended up saying, so I've got nothing!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Hey, for what it's worth my mom would have been too busy comparing everybody to Bruno.  But that's more her being an elderly Greek woman than anything else.

I've heard tales of my mom taking shine to Greek men back in the lateish 80's, not that Roman is Greek, neither is Bruno... so yeah, akward, but, any man LOOKING like Roman, I'm pretty sure she knew what's what. My dad is still hot af!

I forgot to mention, having not seen WWE for a while, seeing that uncanny valley Roman AR monstrosity on his entrance was a bit of a surprise. Also, is there a canonical reason for Riddle’s flip flops to magically birth birds?