DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2021

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

By transfer fee commanded (24m pounds) for return (literally sweet fuck all)  Rhian Brewster might just be the worst player ever. 

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

I've seen some terrible Sheffield United sides but this is the first time I've  wished they got loaned out en-masse to somewhere like Galatasaray or Belgrade where they could have 30k rabid maniacs on their case all the time and the press calling them worthless dogs so these pampered bastards get a taste of real life. 

13 minutes ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

I've seen some terrible Sheffield United sides but this is the first time I've  wished they got loaned out en-masse to somewhere like Galatasaray or Belgrade where they could have 30k rabid maniacs on their case all the time and the press calling them worthless dogs so these pampered bastards get a taste of real life. 

I'm not laughing at you, bud, I'm laughing picturing that. That'll teach 'em to put a shift in.

Speaking of terrible sides, this is the worst Arsenal team I've seen.

Edited by The Natural

On 8/26/2021 at 1:52 PM, The Natural said:

Haven't seen it mentioned here, but it went from this on the 13th of August: https://www.mmamania.com/2021/8/13/22623918/khabib-nurmagomedov-soccer-ufc-russia-fc-legion-dynamo-mma-news "Report: Khabib signs soccer contract with Russian team FC Legion Dynamo. From head kicks to penality kicks, former UFC Lightweight champion Khabib appears primed for a soccer debut."

To this on the 22nd: https://www.mmanews.com/2021/08/khabib-confirms-he-has-not-signed-a-soccer-contract-yet/ "“I haven’t signed the contract but I have close relations. I can come in at any time. It all depends on the situations. We’ll see how it goes. They’ll have a cup match soon, I believe they’ll be playing Russia’s Premier League team from UFA. If the Premier League comes, maybe I’ll… but I have to lose a little weight to get into football shape. Maybe 12 pounds.”

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Buenos Aires would probably serve the same purpose. The Argentinian barras bravas do not fucking play. 

6 hours ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

By transfer fee commanded (24m pounds) for return (literally sweet fuck all)  Rhian Brewster might just be the worst player ever. 

Apart from the comedy answer (Jonathan Woodgate), the first name that came to mind, for money and number of chances, might be Ravel Morrison. 

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Apart from the comedy answer (Jonathan Woodgate), the first name that came to mind, for money and number of chances, might be Ravel Morrison. 

The difference being that Brewster comes across as putting effort in while he's flailing around out there. Morrison is just a shiftless twat, I fully expect to be reading stories about him sleeping rough like Eboue or getting caught selling drugs like Branch in a few years. No manager with a brain in their head should employ him.

I do think the Leeds move is a good move for James, he seems like a genuine good dude and it just didn't work out for him at Man United. I mean, to be fair, at times, he was fucking awful but, yeah, I do think Bielsa will probably improve him.

That being said, Ronaldo or no Ronaldo, Man United won't win a league with Fred in midfield. I'd be happy to be proven wrong if Fred scored the winning goal that won them the league but, yeah, ain't gonna happen. I just watched Soccer Aid and there's no convincing me otherwise that 513 year old balding greying Paul Scholes wouldn't do a better job than Fred.

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop
  • Like 1