DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN 25: Korean Zombie vs. Ige (6/19/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

E21XdhCVgAALxQ6.jpeg?1622601359

UFC Fight Night on ESPN 25: Korean Zombie vs. Ige 
June 19, 2021
Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Chan Sung Jung (146) vs. Dan Ige (146) - Jung, DEC (unanimous)
Oleksiy Oliynyk (228) vs. Sergei Spivak (242) - Spivak, DEC (unanimous)
Marlon Vera (136) vs. Davey Grant (135.5) - Vera, DEC (unanimous)
Julian Erosa (145.5) vs. Seung Woo Choi (146) - Choi, TKO (punches), R1 (1:37)
Wellington Turman (185.5) vs. Bruno Silva (186) - Silva, KO (punches), R1 (4:45)
Matt Brown (170.5) vs. Dhiego Lima (171) - Brown, KO (punch), R2 (3:02)

ESPN 2 / ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Aleksa Camur (204.5) vs. Nicolae Negumereanu (205.5) - Negumereanu, DEC (split)
Virna Jandiroba (115) vs. Kanako Murata (114.5) - Jandiroba, TKO (doctor stoppage), R2 (5:00)
Khaos Williams (169) vs. Matthew Semelsberger (170) - Williams, DEC (unanimous)
Josh Parisian (266) vs. Roque Martinez (249) - Parisian, DEC (split)
Joaquim Silva (154.5) vs. Rick Glenn (156) - Glenn, KO (punches), R1 (0:37)
Casey O'Neill (125.5) vs. Lara Procópio (126) - O'Neill, SUB (rear naked choke), R3 (2:54)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Matt Brown
Performance of the Night: Seung Woo Choi
Fight of the Night: Marlon Vera vs. Davey Grant

Rating: 275,000 viewers

• Elsalvajeloco changed the title to UFC Fight Night on ESPN 25: Korean Zombie vs. Ige (6/19/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

If there's anybody out there watching MMA that isn't a fan of how Marlon Vera fights, I don't know what they're doing with their life. Those multiple standing elbows were great.

Main event was good too. I didn't feel the outcome was in doubt, but a lot of respect to Dan Ige for trying his best to follow his corner and fighting hard for all five rounds.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Teflon Turtle said:

If there's anybody out there watching MMA that isn't a fan of how Marlon Vera fights, I don't know what they're doing with their life. Those multiple standing elbows were great.

Main event was good too. I didn't feel the outcome was in doubt, but a lot of respect to Dan Ige for trying his best to follow his corner and fighting hard for all five rounds.

If I am a young fighter at 135, the one guy I would put on my "DO NOT FIGHT" list is Chito Vera. He has such a multifaceted game and has no real fear of anything coming back at him, which makes it all the more surprising he was matched against Sean O'Malley not too long ago.

Going through the ol' DVR after the fact, unspoilered

Parisian Martinez was a sloppy hoss fight. Remember when Rogue found Wolverine at that underground fight club in the first X-Men movie? Parisian looks like he's there weekly. 

Jandiroba looked more dialed in and intense than usual. tough loss for Murata but Jandiroba might be strapping the rocket on right now.

Matt Brown...WTF. Just blasted Lima. I feel like UFC has been putting these old heads out every week hoping they can make some cuts, but Matt Brown and my dude  Latifi are holding it down.

I hate the sheer amount of P3 commercials I have to go through to fast forward through these cards. That fucking guy at the wedding dancing. Meat Cheese and Nuts! I hate it.

Silva/Turman was super fun. Pretty sure last week's live crowd would've boo'ed most of it because grappling against the fence. Philistines. Nasty KO victory.

....Did I just see Tanner Boser is stepping in to fight St. Preux? Co-Main after losing to Latifi? LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Goddamn that left by Choi. Stunner.

Man Vera throws some elbows. Count 'em.You prolly missed some.

Oleinik still one of the last "brutal men." Thought he could've won the third and the fight but it just didn't work out. Spivac with an incredible post fight interview, surely one to light the internets on fire.

Zombie is a weird dude. I feel like this is his ceiling, but who knows. Lost to Ortega. Don't imagine him beating Max or Volkanovski. Then again, maybe he gets into a wild exchange and becomes champion. 

13 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

There is a ton of violence on this card. I am fine with this.

I am eating Waffle House delivered by GrubHub and am watching the replay.  It is shaping up to be a glorious Father's Day.

• Like 3

On 6/20/2021 at 4:12 AM, jaedmc said:

Zombie is a weird dude. I feel like this is his ceiling, but who knows. Lost to Ortega. Don't imagine him beating Max or Volkanovski. Then again, maybe he gets into a wild exchange and becomes champion. 

I really want to believe that Zombie has a puncher's chance against anybody, but the elite level fighters in this division have some serious fucking fight IQ and are excellent at unraveling the mysteries of their opponents.  I think Zombie is still capable of KOing Ortega or Halloway, but Volkanovski is a legit terror and both Ortega and Halloway will pick you apart as soon as look at you.   

I think that Zombie will make a challenging gateway fighter for guys trying to climb the ranks, but I can't see him taking the title off of someone like Volkanovski.

• Like 1