DVDVR Message Board

UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori II (6/12/2021) - Glendale, AZ (Gila River Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Evloev with the high level heel tactics in the third.

Beats up the baby face for two rounds with grappling. Decides to stay standing for the third to set up the hope spot. Even tells the audience that he's fine when he's getting rocked. Cuts off the hope with more grappling to end the fight. Tremendous.

30 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Evloev with the high level heel tactics in the third.

Beats up the baby face for two rounds with grappling. Decides to stay standing for the third to set up the hope spot. Even tells the audience that he's fine when he's getting rocked. Cuts off the hope with more grappling to end the fight. Tremendous.

The Chase Hooper and Steven Peterson fight was like that earlier except Chase's hope spots where all grappling related.

I didn't see all of Hooper/Peterson. I saw Chase shoot twice in the first and both times Peterson didn't really sprawl, he just pushed the kid on his back. 

1 minute ago, jaedmc said:

I didn't see all of Hooper/Peterson. I saw Chase shoot twice in the first and both times Peterson didn't really sprawl, he just pushed the kid on his back. 

That was basically the theme of the fight except Chase got some takedowns and had brief glimmers of hope. However, he didn't do enough to win any round. He was basically fighting from underneath for 90% of the fight, both literally and figuratively.

That was one of the gnarliest and most unique expressions of human violence you're ever gonna get. Barf. That was awesome. I'd watch a replay but they should just have Paul Craig do the same thing to the ref.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

What in the actual fuck. Craig let go of the arm, Hill  flopped his dead lifeless limb over the other way and the ref was like "let's see how this goes."

I give it to Paul Craig. It looked like he was just a one trick pony some years back, and one who was going to not last much longer in the UFC if it stayed that way. 

Well, it's a very good trick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not a great fight, but man, Muhammad hopping around on one leg while lifting his other one out of a single leg attempt was pretty fucking impressive to watch.

If this is the end of top-ranked Demian Maia, it was a great run. Eight of his UFC losses were to UFC, Bellator, or Strikeforce champions and two of the other losses were to a UFC Interim champ + a contender. His win list is fuckin' sick. UFC contenders and outside champs like Shields, Condit, Masvidal, Fitch, Askren, Sonnen, Santiago, Good, Quarry. Non-contenders with legit records like Magny, Matt Brown, Dong Hyun Kim, Rick Story, Ed Herman, Kendall Grove. A consummate upper-midcard motherfucker and best no-bullshit BJJ guy in MMA history.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Not a great fight, but man, Muhammad hopping around on one leg while lifting his other one out of a single leg attempt was pretty fucking impressive to watch.

It was a novel concept when Sokoudjou did it like 15 years ago, but now MMA has evolved to the point where guys are doing it every other card.

• Haha 1