DVDVR Message Board

UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori II (6/12/2021) - Glendale, AZ (Gila River Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

7E4D4091-85DC-4785-9AE9-AF73E4CB5078.jpe

UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori II 
June 12, 2021
Glendale, AZ (Gila River Arena)

UFC Middleweight Championship: Israel Adesanya © (183.5) vs. Marvin Vettori (184.5)(third defense) - Adesanya, DEC (unanimous)
UFC Flyweight Championship: Deiveson Alcântara © (125) vs. Brandon Moreno (125) (third defense) - Moreno, SUB (rear naked choke), R3 (2:26)
Leon Edwards (170.5) vs. Nate Diaz (170) - Edwards, DEC (unanimous)
Demian Maia (170.5) vs. Belal Muhammad (170.5) - Muhammad, DEC (unanimous)
Paul Craig (204.5) vs. Jamahal Hill (205.5) - Craig, TKO (arm injury), R1 (1:59)

ESPN / ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Drew Dober (154) vs. Brad Riddell (155) - Riddell, DEC (unanimous)
Eryk Anders (205) vs. Darren Stewart (204.5) - Anders, DEC (unanimous)
Lauren Murphy (125.5) vs. Joanne Calderwood (125) - Murphy, DEC (split)
Movsar Evloev (145.5) vs. Hakeem Dawodu (145.5) - Evloev, DEC (unanimous)

ESPN+ / Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Pannie Kianzad (135.5) vs. Alexis Davis (134.5) - Kianzad, DEC (unanimous)
Matt Frevola (155) vs. Terrance McKinney (155.5) - McKinney, KO (punches), R1 (0:07)
Chase Hooper (145.5) vs. Steven Peterson (148.5)* - Peterson, DEC (unanimous)
Fares Ziam (156) vs. Luigi Vendramini (155.5) - Ziam, DEC (majority)
Carlos Felipe (262.5) vs. Jake Collier (264.5) - Felipe, DEC (split)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Paul Craig
Performance of the Night: Brandon Moreno
Fight of the Night: Drew Dober vs. Brad Riddell

Attendance: 17,208
Gate: $4.2 million
Buyrate: 600,000

• Like 1

Looking forward to this. Be interesting to see how Israel Adesanya comes back from losing his MMA undefeated record to Jan Błachowicz as he tried to hold two titles at the same time. Deiveson Alcântara vs. Brandon Moreno is a rematch of the second best fight in 2020 behind only Weili/Joanna. First fight was only the fourth championship fight to ever go to a draw and Nate vs. Leon, first five round fight that isn't a main event.

Tensions are high just about everywhere on this card. I think the only two dudes without animosity are Edwards and Diaz.

I think my favorite shit in all of these Embeddeds is  Moreno laughing and enjoying Funko Pops juxtaposed with Figueiredo training to kill a man.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Tensions are high just about everywhere on this card. I think the only two dudes without animosity are Edwards and Diaz.

Weed is a powerful drug.

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

Figueiredo was last to weigh in and he looked rough. Made the weight, but I'm interested to see at what cost.

Wasn't that the case for the first Moreno fight?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Wasn't that the case for the first Moreno fight?

Not sure. I know he says he was sick. I don't know any specifics around it as to whether it was viral or because of his weight cut methods. This morning he wobbled up the stairs and looked unbalanced walking off the stage. It's gonna catch up with him eventually.

But lord imagine if he went to 135. Yan vs. Figueiredo in a serial killer fight.

3 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Not sure. I know he says he was sick. I don't know any specifics around it as to whether it was viral or because of his weight cut methods. This morning he wobbled up the stairs and looked unbalanced walking off the stage. It's gonna catch up with him eventually.

But lord imagine if he went to 135. Yan vs. Figueiredo in a serial killer fight.

I might be confusing it with the first Benavidez fight.

And it wouldn't be surprising if he did go to 135 especially if he gets upset by Moreno somehow. Figueredo already fought most of the flyweights coming up and make it through most of the contenders. The only guy he hasn't fought is Askar Askarov. That's it. The next guys down are Tim Elliott and Kai Kara-France. Unless it's the third fight from the top on another three title fight supercard (or this one with two title fights and a marquee non-title fight rounder), you can't really put those fights on PPV.