DVDVR Message Board

NXTuesday - 6/8/2021

Dolfan in NYC

There is a brief clip on the NXT social media of the Way brawling with Oney and Dunne

So not sure if they are gonna change the singles match to a tag for tonight

Another generally funs how. Still have little interest in the main event scene, but everything else is solid-good.

Not big on a winner takes-all for the tag and NA titles though it is nice to see LDF getting a Takeover match. Can't help but wonder if their time in NXT will soon be over, especially with Hit Row coming out and staring down everyone on the way to the ring at the end of the segment.

Good to see Io back. Curious to see who she tags with to take on the Way. Her most sensible partners are heels or on Raw.

Ikemen Jiro debuted and looked ok. Looking forward opt the tornado tag between Ciampa/Thatcher & GYV.

Ember/Dakota was good. Ember got a nice standing tall moment. Will be fun to see Raquel crush her at Takeover.

1 hour ago, Peck said:

Is that Poppy's shoot voice or gimmick voice? Because holy shit I'm going to be hearing that in my nightmares for the next week.

I think it's somewhere in between the two. She's amazingly creepy.

I like the idea of the winner take all match to get all 6 guys featured on the show, but booking wise, it kind of puts them in a bind. I don't think Mendoza and Wilde can afford to lose to MSK for the 100th time, especially dragging Santos down with them, but it's hard to see what the direction is for Hit Row if all the midcard champions are heels. Although between Oney/Theory and Xia/Mercedes, they don't seem to have a problem doing heel/heel matches so Hit Row/LDF could actually be a thing. It would be incredibly fitting around the time of In Your House 2021 to have a somewhat more tasteful version of Gang Warz.

Is it the Shawn Michaels influence that's putting ladder matches on every NXT show? Seems very unnecessary for Grimes/Knight, although I am look forward to Knight's facial expressions after he bumps on the ladder.

The pier 6 to end the show was really good until Cole came in. For all his problems, Kross is still believable as a house-clearing badass. Stand-alone Adam Cole is not.

2 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

Sarray 

I would like to see them avoid teaming the two up just because they are both Japanese. Io likely doesn't know Sarray too well at all like compared to Toni, Asuka, & Kairi.

20 hours ago, Eivion said:

I would like to see them avoid teaming the two up just because they are both Japanese. Io likely doesn't know Sarray too well at all like compared to Toni, Asuka, & Kairi.

I get that, but she’s probably the only one left on the roster other than Zoey Stark and I would rather see her team with someone who’s upper echelon.

Edited by WholeFnMachine