DVDVR Message Board

Friday Night Dynamite - 6/4/2021

• Bullrope Match: Dustin Rhodes vs Nick Comoroto
  • Christian Cage & Jungle Boy vs Private Party
  • Red Velvet vs The Bunny
  • Cody Rhodes & Lee Johnson vs QT Marshall & Anthony Ogogo
  • Young Bucks vs PAC & Penta El Zero Miedo
  • Mark Henry will speak
  • "Championship Celebration" of Dr Britt Baker, D.M.D.
  • Tony Schiavone interviews Sting and Darby Allin
  • Inner Circle takes a Stadium Stampede victory lap
Edited by John from Cincinnati

29 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

New match graphic. No tie, two buttons down.

Hide contents

E2-mJFmXMAEkQOo?format=jpg&name=medium

He's experimenting with new looks.  Last week's weigh in look, with the tiny tiny pants and blonde hair, was inspired by Roy Batty in the final scenes of Blade Runner. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:
  • Bullrope Match: Dustin Rhodes vs Nick Comoroto
  • Christian Cage & Jungle Boy vs Private Party
  • Red Velvet vs The Bunny
  • Cody Rhodes & Lee Johnson vs QT Marshall & Anthony Ogogo
  • Young Bucks vs PAC & Penta El Zero Miedo
  • Mark Henry will speak
  • "Championship Celebration" of Dr Britt Baker, D.M.D.
  • Tony Schiavone interviews Sting and Darby Allin
  • Inner Circle takes a Stadium Stampede victory lap

Except for the interview segments and Red Velvet vs the Bunny (I like Red Velvet and Allie, but Allie is good enough to be carried and Red Velvet isn't yet good enough to carry someone), this show looks pretty fucking dope. I'd rather see Comoroto as the final boss for Cody than Ogogo AND COMOROTO WOULD NEED TO WIN for fucks sake.

• Like 1

Seems like another very skippable show for this terrible time slot. The Bucks have over exposed themselves this title run with match after match after match. They really need to work in FTR or Santana & Ortiz or even Best Friends into something just to shake it up. The multiple Inner Circle bake sales have worn out their welcome. There’s just only so many permutations of interviews they can do.   The Cody tag match is a little interesting because there’s a couple neat ways to go with it (Lee getting a push would be good, Ogogo going over Cody would be good). The less interesting roads would be Cody going over or Johnson doing the job for his team. But there’s actual options there.

• Haha 1

I think the interview interruptions stand out more because the same shit happened/happens on Raw but the first one out cuts a 5 minute promo before the interruption. Whereas AEW generally don't do many 5 minute promos so the person interrupted is often only just getting started (most often Sting). 

• Like 2

I think that Red Velvet vs Bunny might surprise some people considering who good she made Jade look.

I think its kinda smart to have these "cool down" episodes of Dynamite. One of the worst things of the attitude/crash tv era was the constant hotshotting. leaves you no where to go. Nothing wrong with just having some wrestling on the wrestling shows. I feel the same about them not have a ton of quicky title reigns

• Like 3

I don't care about any of the complaints in this thread about the interview segments or the women's match - all that matters is, like Joe Biden before them, McDonalds has come in clutch for Britt Baker.

• Like 4

I thought this was a pretty good show. Nothing on it blew me away but I didn't think anything was bad overall either. The finish of the Private Party match was weird but, like, that's every single Private Party match honestly. If that was the low point your show was fine. Kind of an odd main event choice but the match was okay, though honestly I feel like the finish to every bullrope match should just be "choking the other guy with a bullrope".

Red Velvet must have seen the face of God on that dive out of the ring, but then she popped up like 2 seconds later and was fine.

Nyla Rose saved everyone from getting food poisoning so she's a face now, I don't make the rules.

I thought the Sting/Darby/Page/Sky segment was probably the best "promo interrupts a promo" segment they've done lately, which is a thing they do too often but at least it worked here.

Really looking forward to seeing Andrade in AEW. There's so many fun potential matches there.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, AxB said:

Three interview segments. How many will be interrupted, do you think?

Mark Henry got interrupted by Vickie Guerrero (That's bad) so that she could introduce El Sombra (That's great) !

Inner Circle didn't get interrupted, plus they gave everyone a free t-shirt and Sammy got a special introduction (That's all good)

Inner Circle's "If you think this is over then you're wrong" promo was followed by a Best Friends "If you think this is over then you're wrong" promo (That's fine, I guess)

Don and Kenny were also not interrupted (What's going on? It's Friday (Saturday morning here). Promos aren't being interrupted, Cody Rhodes got knocked out... Is this really an episode of Dynamite) ?

OK. Phew. Sting and Darby got interrupted by The Jerks. That challenge is actually kind of interesting in my opinion. Wonder who Darby will choose.

"Brang a tear to a glass eye. As has been said again. And again." Has it? I feel like I should know that reference, but I don't. Is it a common cliche? Also, I guess JR was not technically wrong when he called the Big Macs "double cheeseburgers."

Speaking of which: I guess Britt's thing was interrupted by Nyla. (The toppings contain potassium benzoate)

Is it the start of a Britt face turn? The stuff with the coupons was a pretty amusing heel move, though... 

I guess it's too early to start the build toward Britt vs Thunder and DMD needs something to do. Hopefully Nyla does not injure her.

Speaking of injury: That Red Velvet dive was scary!

Neither Dark Order nor Miro were interrupted. Miro killing Uno should be a lot of fun.

I'm glad they went "pinfall or submission" for the main event! Enjoyed the hell out of that. Straight forward violence, nothing too fancy. Lots of clubbering. My kind of TV main event match!

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Like 2

Wow the Bucks are bad. I mean, it's pretty remarkable they can even perform considering they both suffer from full body atrophy, but their strikes were especially awful tonight. I can't imagine a guy as intense as PAC enjoyed selling those.

Andrade is a big-ass pickup for them. Dude looks like a star, and putting him with Vickie keeps him heel. I wonder if Thea ever makes the jump and if so, if it's jsut with Tom End now. 

I enjoy Red Velvet. I like that whole little squad, with Swole and Kylinn King, but I REALLY enjoy Red Velvet. The Inncer Circle thing was fun, and Wardlow/Hager should be a spectacle, if not a scientific marvel. 

main event was good, but Comorato should've gone over. Britt's thing felt like a waste. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'd love some simp here to explain to me why the Inner Circle went over and why their feud with The Pinnacle (who never appeared at all tonight in any way, shape, or form) should keep going. You're out there, I see what people write. Please rationalize this.

2 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

You admitted like a week ago you're Aaron Rodgers' age and you're out here calling people simp like you're 11 so I think I'll take the hardest of passes.

Sorry I'm not a member of Marky Mark's Funky Bunch. Nothing substantial here at all.

8 minutes ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

I'd love some simp here to explain to me why the Inner Circle went over and why their feud with The Pinnacle (who never appeared at all tonight in any way, shape, or form) should keep going. You're out there, I see what people write. Please rationalize this.

Xo5tIeAv18UtoVd_BwI0ffo_U9NXPdXgLKPaWORX

• Haha 2