DVDVR Message Board

2021 The WWE Purge, Part 2

Pete

I like it though while it might have been an initial version I think the vocals need a bit more force behind it.  I can see him either finding a licensed song that works or do something like that for wherever he ends up.  I'm still thinking it's AEW at the moment and I have confidence in them getting a quality track setup for him.

• Like 1

Seriously.  Is the goal of kissing WWE's collective ass to not burn a bridge and to possibly be able to come back eventually?  That's so dumb because we've seen, time and time again, that the people who Vince is absolutely desperate to rehire are the people who do the opposite of that. 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Seriously.  Is the goal of kissing WWE's collective ass to not burn a bridge and to possibly be able to come back eventually?  That's so dumb because we've seen, time and time again, that the people who Vince is absolutely desperate to rehire are the people who do the opposite of that. 

I guess that's good news for Karl.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I mean, if I'm hiring people in the future, I absolutly want to look for people that burned their bridges with their former employer to the ground.  Yup, totally professional.

• Haha 1

I'm not going to take public relations advice from a guy who uses social media to feud with his wife. There's nothing wrong with keeping the door open. I get the sentiment but it's not worth it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

I'm not going to take public relations advice from a guy who uses social media to feud with his wife. There's nothing wrong with keeping the door open. I get the sentiment but it's not worth it. 

And after the dust settles and everyone gets the chance to think about it, people who post "hellfire, brimstone and scorched earth, motherfucker", probably end up feeling bad about doing so. In the heat of the moment, it seems like a good idea, but in any longer run, it seems much less so.

• Like 3

We all know that there is creative problems with current WWE. More people seemed excited about Tommy End revealing unused ideas and talking about who he wants to wrestle now. If he spent the last week complaining yeah, I'm sure he'd have some points but why should I care going forward?

Rusev/Miro didn't get interesting by complaining about the shackles being free, he made people interested by beating Darby up in a wrestling match. 

Edited by Spontaneous
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Speaking for myself, when I see a wrestler I like released from WWE, I get excited about the prospect of them having some fresh matchups with people I like in AEW/Japan/Indies/etc.  Apparently, I'm supposed to take into consideration Tony Kahn's finances and how many people are on the AEW roster or whatever, but I don't.  Sometimes I also like to hear some dirt from their time in WWE.  That's fun for me.  I like hearing dirt.  

• Like 9

Tommy End met his wife working there and probably made the best money of his life, while I'm sure he has some dissatisfaction with how things went there in the last year or so it's not crazy to believe that he actually has okay feelings about his time there.

• Like 4

Is there any of the chance that some wrestlers don't have anything bitter or hateful to say about their time in WWE because.... they made good money, had a good time, and realized that it wasn't going to last forever.  I mean, I know it goes against the groupthink that every Vince spends every single waking moment of his life thinking of new ways to be evil and that every wrestler he employs is scarred for life by the experience, but.....

• Like 5

IMHO there is something to be said for walking out the better person and not holding a public grudge, especially for future employers and who knows even going back some day. Even if your anger is "righteous" and justifiable sometimes you just got to be the better person. Not saying you need to thank everyone, but you don't need to tell everyone "F*** you!" either.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Is there any of the chance that some wrestlers don't have anything bitter or hateful to say about their time in WWE because.... they made good money, had a good time, and realized that it wasn't going to last forever.  I mean, I know it goes against the groupthink that every Vince spends every single waking moment of his life thinking of new ways to be evil and that every wrestler he employs is scarred for life by the experience, but.....

Samoa Joe?

"You know they might've paid me too much!"

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Odessasteps has me on ignore

Everyone has you on ignore. 

And yeah, count me in with the whole "never burn a bridge" crowd. There are exceptions, naturally.  But generally, it's probably healthier, spiritually and mentally, to just say thanks and move on with your life.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And yeah, count me in with the whole "never burn a bridge" crowd. There are exceptions, naturally.  But generally, it's probably healthier, spiritually and mentally, to just say thanks and move on with your life.  

On the business side, Rule One of interviews is try your best to avoid speaking ill of your former employers.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

What the fuck, man?

Maybe that just a Terry Funk-like quip akin to the infamous "I don't see shit in him!" referring to Mick Foley, when someone said that maybe Funk sees a little bit of himself in Foley. Or at least you could decide to take it that way, as in a veiled compliment.