DVDVR Message Board

LOKI (Disney+ Series)

Wilson and Hiddleston have amazing chemistry together. I’ve been a big fan of Owen Wilson ever since seeing him in Bottle Rocket almost 25 years ago, but between doing some dumb movies and not doing a lot recently, I’ve kind of forgotten how much I like him.

It’s feeling to me like the Timekeepers are unreliable narrators at best, and will likely be revealed as “villains” by the end. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I now want a splintered timeline cameo with Luke Wilsom or Jason Schwartzman as Mobius. 

This is a great call.

Only thing I would want more is them using even brief mention of Ego as a pretext to burn one of the Kurt Russell appearances they surely have him contractually obligated to fulfill, which I realize is never happening and is just fantasy booking. ? 

Edited by John from Cincinnati

35 minutes ago, Casey said:

There’s a good chance that isn’t actually “Lady Loki”, but instead it’s Sylvie Lushton aka The Enchantress.

That's what I'm hoping for having had the following Thor baddies in the MCU: Loki, the Destroyer, Malekith, Hela, Skurge and Lorelei with Gorr to come.

Edited by The Natural

7 hours ago, Casey said:

There’s a good chance that isn’t actually “Lady Loki”, but instead it’s Sylvie Lushton aka The Enchantress.

Is that a rumor that's out there or just a hunch?

She'd be a good character to have if you're running a Young Avengers mini franchise and I think all villainous threads in this show lead to Richard E. Grant so this is probably some sort of a feint (even if she's just a Loki being manipulated). The only issue with her being Lushton is that Di Martino's about 15 years too old for the role.

That was a fun episode. Really curious to see where everything leads. Owen Wilson is someone I've always been kind eh on, but I so love him in this. He and Hiddleston have so much chemistry. 

14 hours ago, Matt D said:

Is that a rumor that's out there or just a hunch?

She'd be a good character to have if you're running a Young Avengers mini franchise and I think all villainous threads in this show lead to Richard E. Grant so this is probably some sort of a feint (even if she's just a Loki being manipulated). The only issue with her being Lushton is that Di Martino's about 15 years too old for the role.

Thanks to people with entirely too much time on their hands, it appears her full name may in fact be “Sylvie Laufeydottir.” (It shows up in one of the files Loki is reading.) So not Lushton, but probably a spin on the idea of that character.

Edited by EVA

Whole lotta focus on that Jefferson High School pen in the scene between Ravonna and Mobius. Any ideas if that references anything else in the marvel universe? 

Without being too familiar, had someone mentioned that in the comics there are multiple (infinite) versions of Mobius working in the TVA? Could another Mobius be the "agent you keep hidden from me" Mobius asked Ravonna about? 

Enjoying this show so far, some lovely back and forth dialogue, Owen Wilson is on his best Wes Anderson form, and now Amy from Flowers as (maybe) Lady Loki. Lovely hurling!