DVDVR Message Board

LOKI (Disney+ Series)

11 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Not me, I’m being very quiet.

So…

Reveal hidden contents

Outside of some What If voice work, was this pretty much Hiddleston’s send off? 

Spoiler

I don't see how he doesn't factor into Secret Wars.

EDIT: Also, when I watch this with my wife and daughter, I don't think they're going to understand...

Spoiler

Why I'm going to again cry like a fucking baby that Loki became Yggsdrasil, found his Glorious Purpose, and found his throne and none of it was from villainy. He did indeed become the God of Stories.

For me, losing Hiddlestone comes close to losing RDJ for the rest of the MCU movies.

Maybe, just maybe, we can get a dope Loki movie post-Secret Wars.

Oh, and also...

Spoiler

So the spoiler I saw wasn't quite accurate, but it did come close to nailing on MCU possibly pivoting from Majors as Kang to Gugu as Kang or something bigger than him. I suppose it all depends on how you viewed that final scene as Renslayer, but it would be really weird to put that pyramid in the background even if that's the place out of time or whatever it was called in season 1, and then not have her become Rama Tut. And in that case, I don't know how you thread the needle moving forward in future movies by having Renslayer appear more villainous than Kang was in Quantumania or what you do with the council of Kangs. I mean, I'm for it if they find a creative way to do it. I did enjoy the craziness Majors brought to the role and that made it pretty unique, but he doesn't deserve the role or much else if he's guilty of tuning up women. Gugu Mbatha Raw is a good actor, but I just wonder if she can tap into that same kind of madness.

There really is so much more I could say about the finale and how all of it was really perfect for me. So many little moments or lines that were done so well. Or how hilarious the start of the episode was. Again. Faster. Be brave.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 3