DVDVR Message Board

LOKI (Disney+ Series)

32 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Fuuuuuuuucking awwwwwwwwwwwesome. I love this series. I audibly shouted "NO!" when Mobius got pruned. That was heartbreaking. Almost as shocked when Loki got pruned. 

Texted my best friend who is like a brother to me saying Ravonna became an instant top heel for what she's done particularly to Mobius. Bitch!

2 hours ago, Control said:

So was there any effect whatsoever of all the bombs Sylvie dropped in episode 2? Did they just function as a momentary distraction?

I think they were just a distraction.  On this last episode, when they were looking at the timeline, it seemed to be cleaned up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Log said:

I think they were just a distraction.  On this last episode, when they were looking at the timeline, it seemed to be cleaned up.

It seems, based on plan to get to the Timekeepers, they were just a distraction, but given the “Oh shit! reaction of the TVA, they definitely appeared to gloss over the resolution of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

It seems, based on plan to get to the Timekeepers, they were just a distraction, but given the “Oh shit! reaction of the TVA, they definitely appeared to gloss over the resolution of it.

Keep in mind she was asking how many people guard the Timekeepers. Her plan was to get an all hands on deck response to her scheme. Basically, probably all Minutemen needed to respond, leaving the golden elevator open for her to use.

On 6/30/2021 at 5:26 PM, JonnyLaw said:

So with the Timekeepers, it’s most likely:

A) They exist and they’re pulling a Wizard of Oz deal with the Rock-afire Explosion rejects; 

A+++++ for the reference

I don't care about old man Loki.  I want to know more about Lizard Loki.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

A+++++ for the reference

I don't care about old man Loki.  I want to know more about Lizard Loki.

Lizard Loki gets us one step closer to Throg in the MCU

4270479-941373-throg04.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Want to on record as saying she didnt nerf Mobious and Loki and its a swerve and they are working together. 

I’m intrigued. Is there more to this theory or is it just a hunch? How do the other Loki’s play into it?

We have two episodes left, and we haven’t seen this President Loki from the trailer yet:

vote-loki-disney-plus-1248553-1280x0.jpe

Looking at this now, my hunch is that he’s declared himself President of whatever barren wasteland outside of time our Loki was sent to. 

On 6/30/2021 at 4:26 PM, JonnyLaw said:

So with the Timekeepers, it’s most likely:

A) They exist and they’re pulling a Wizard of Oz deal with the Rock-afire Explosion rejects; 

B) They existed but at some point in time they were defeated by someone who kept up the appearance to further their goals; or 

C) They never existed, but someone created the myth in an effort to prune the timeline to make sure a certain outcome occurred.

My guess is B, with the likely suspect being the devil’s favorite time traveller, Kang, being aided by Renslayer.  I don’t think we’ll see Kang unless it’s in a credits scene after the finale, but I do think we could hear his name mentioned before then. It could also be another Loki behind it, but I feel like that’s less likely at this point.

I mean, thematically, another Loki variant being behind the TVA makes the most sense and would be the most “correct” conclusion to a story that is specifically about Our Loki confronting different aspects of himself and how that changes him.  Our Loki finally reaching his goal, only to discover that he was beaten to the punch, long ago, by another, even-bigger-asshole version of himself ties it all together.

However, that outcome would require there to have either been real Timekeepers for him to supplant (which I doubt*) or for him to have developed the power to create all this on his own (which would be…a LOT to explain).

*The whole concept of a “Sacred Timeline” seems rather fascist and the TVA is literally a time gestapo, so I have a hard time believing that’s how the MCU is supposed to operate normally.  (To say nothing of the fact that, narratively, these concepts rob our MCU heroes of a great deal of their agency, which is a big no-no that Feige is surely smart enough to realize.) It seems more likely that the time gestapo was created by another party with a specific goal in mind, with the Timekeepers/Sacred Timeline business being used as an organizing myth.

The beautiful thing is I have reached the point where I don’t care about the answer to this question at all, which is one of the highest compliments I can give a show.  The best mystery shows are the ones where the rest of show is so damn good, the outcome of the mystery doesn’t even matter.  They could never answer who’s behind it all.  Just keep Loki tripping through time having adventures with different versions of himself played by excellent guest stars forever.

• Like 5

I saw the supposed reason Kid Loki is being imprisoned by the TVA - it's an interesting one. Not sure if it's true yet, but we'll see if it's legit.

Spoiler

He killed his timeline's Thor.

And like @odessasteps, I thought for sure Old Man Loki's reason for being in the show was to be revealed as person behind the Timekeepers. But the longer this show goes on without a resolution to that question, the more I'm thinking it's Kang (because introducing him in Ant-Man, of all movies, is really weird to me, even though "time travel"/the quantum realm is involved). I don't think we'll see Kang, but I think we get a namedrop at the very least.

oh my god there's a fucking Thanos helicopter, they actually did it

Throg trapped in a jar.

Severed head of the Living Tribunal.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 4

Bollocks, my recap didn't go through. Let's try again.

Finished Ep5. This series is so consistent in delivering. Ravonna relieves you can't fully prune everything so what's left is sent to the Void. Ravonna stalls for time with Sylvie but Sylvie is a Loki, lying is a speciality. Really fun exchange between our Loki, Old Man Loki, Alligator Loki and Boastful Loki recant how they've wound up there. We had a lot of Richard E Grant Loki and I still wanted more. Sylvie and Mobius meet with Loki, Richard E Grant Loki and Alligator Loki. Sylvie and Loki enchant Aliath while Grant Loki helps them as Mobius returns to the TVA. Loki rejects Mobius handshake and gives him a hug in a feel good moment. Loki/Sylvie walk to the enchanted Aliath as the episode ends.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Alioth is tied to Kang's comic book history too, I believe. An entity that's been around since the beginning of time, and was apparently the reason Kang couldn't go back further than 2000 BC to conquer timelines. And Chronopolis was already thought to have been seen briefly in Ant-Man & The Wasp. I'm convinced this is leading to Kang.

I also love that Boastful Loki (supposedly) had all six Infinity Stones and killed Cap and Iron Man. Supposedly. And Old Man Loki/Classic Loki didn't try and fight Thanos during the beginning of Infinity War, disguised himself as debris, and lived for presumably centuries on a planet all by himself before getting lonely and it was ONLY then that he got caught.

EDIT: This is likely just an easter egg for comic fans, but - I didn't catch it, but apparently there was a shot of an Avengers Tower, owned by Qeng Enterprises. "Mr Gryphon" owns Qeng. 

Edited by Casey