DVDVR Message Board

LOKI (Disney+ Series)

12 minutes ago, Casey said:

Loki falling in love with an alternative timeline version of himself is going to rip a hole in the multiverse confirmed.

E5HXmjyVgAADKjx?format=jpg&name=large

Loki: "I crave attention because i’m a narcissist and I suppose it’s because i’m scared of being alone.”

Sif: "Hope you know you deserve to be alone and you always will be."

Edited by The Natural

On 6/25/2021 at 10:57 AM, Raziel said:

I wouldn't overthink it, Endgame broke it's own time travel rules with Old Cap.

The Infinity Stones were also involved so everything was fair game.

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Loki falling in love with an alternative timeline version of himself is going to rip a hole in the multiverse confirmed.

Only if she were made of antimatter.  It's possible that even alternate universe Loki is comprised of the same matter as Loki (prime) so if they touch they'll both implode or wink out of existence since the same matter cannot occupy the same space at the same time.

They wouldn't blow up the whole universe or anything.

Edited by J.T.

Love how Marvel is finding a way to incorporate the comic costumes as one-offs. Captain America way back in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), Scarlet Witch/Vision/Quicksilver from WandaVision (2021), now with Loki (2021).

• Like 1

Well that was a whole lot of stuff happening in one 45 minute episode.

I'm kinda hoping that the Loki's managed to do whatever it was they did to save Loki to save Mobius.  After Mobius getting pruned, I'm all for the Loki's tearing the whole TVA down to atoms and letting Strange sort it out.

• Like 3

So with the Timekeepers, it’s most likely:

A) They exist and they’re pulling a Wizard of Oz deal with the Rock-afire Explosion rejects; 

B) They existed but at some point in time they were defeated by someone who kept up the appearance to further their goals; or 

C) They never existed, but someone created the myth in an effort to prune the timeline to make sure a certain outcome occurred.

My guess is B, with the likely suspect being the devil’s favorite time traveller, Kang, being aided by Renslayer.  I don’t think we’ll see Kang unless it’s in a credits scene after the finale, but I do think we could hear his name mentioned before then. It could also be another Loki behind it, but I feel like that’s less likely at this point.

I'm very glad we got to see Jamie Alexander as Sif again. I thought it was BS she was basically written out of Thor: Ragnarok without so much of a mention. I hope this means we will see her again and find out what happened to her in Love & Thunder.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm very glad we got to see Jamie Alexander as Sif again. I thought it was BS she was basically written out of Thor: Ragnarok without so much of a mention. I hope this means we will see her again and find out what happened to her in Love & Thunder.

I've always enjoyed Jamie Alexander's Lady Sif in the MCU from the first two Thor films to her TV appearances in Agents of SHIELD and now Loki in a welcome surprise.

• Like 1

Loved the episode as expected. The bits of info dropped here were wonderful. Loved seeing Richard E. Grant finally come into play. I just hope Mobius somehow survived like Loki. Going to take a stab in the dark and say the Timer Keepers were overthrown eons ago. It just feels like a question of Kang or Loki. I lean towards the former. It would explain the need for a "sacred timeline."

12 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Didn't she have her own show going on at the time?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Loved the episode as expected. The bits of info dropped here were wonderful. Loved seeing Richard E. Grant finally come into play. I just hope Mobius somehow survived like Loki. Going to take a stab in the dark and say the Timer Keepers were overthrown eons ago. It just feels like a question of Kang or Loki. I lean towards the former. It would explain the need for a "sacred timeline."

Didn't she have her own show going on at the time?

Blindspot, I think.

• Like 2

Doubt they'll do this but a storyline explanation for no mutants in the MCU, mutants were considered variants so sent to where Loki was when he got pruned. I liked how in WandaVision, it was hinted that Wanda may have something already there coupled with exposure to the Soul Stone causing her powers.

18 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

So with the Timekeepers, it’s most likely:

A) They exist and they’re pulling a Wizard of Oz deal with the Rock-afire Explosion rejects; 

B) They existed but at some point in time they were defeated by someone who kept up the appearance to further their goals; or 

C) They never existed, but someone created the myth in an effort to prune the timeline to make sure a certain outcome occurred.

My guess is B, with the likely suspect being the devil’s favorite time traveller, Kang, being aided by Renslayer.  I don’t think we’ll see Kang unless it’s in a credits scene after the finale, but I do think we could hear his name mentioned before then. It could also be another Loki behind it, but I feel like that’s less likely at this point.

Honestly at this point it feels so much like they're setting up Kang that I'm convinced it's a swerve and they'll go in a different direction.

Fuuuuuuuucking awwwwwwwwwwwesome. I love this series. I audibly shouted "NO!" when Mobius got pruned. That was heartbreaking. Almost as shocked when Loki got pruned. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Honestly at this point it feels so much like they're setting up Kang that I'm convinced it's a swerve and they'll go in a different direction.

I do like the fun hypothesis that it's other Loki variants that are the keepers.