DVDVR Message Board

LOKI (Disney+ Series)

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

We had 2 modern Doctors in Marvel stuff and 1 in DC. Just need Matt Smith to do something now. 

He’s in Morbius. Dunno if that’s MCU or like Venom.

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I thought there was one Agatha less episode. But I didn't look it up. 

Also, is Hiddleston the first actor to also get a producer credit? 

On 6/2/2021 at 3:14 PM, The Natural said:

Just released. Didn't know Tom Hiddleston is an Executive Producer on Loki. Fittingly so. I can only think of two other Executive Producers who act in the MCU, the late, great Stan Lee and Jon Faverau.

?.

I have spent far too much time this morning reading/watching about how an Easter egg in Loki completely retcons Agent Carter/Agents of Shields/etc...

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I have spent far too much time this morning reading/watching about how an Easter egg in Loki completely retcons Agent Carter/Agents of Shields/etc...

I saw something about that, but assumed it was fake. Was she really in the background?

• Like 1

I think I saw that when I watched it and laughed a bit, but I didn’t really think through the potential implications.

I think the easiest (albeit not perfect) explanation is that Steve was always Peggy’s husband in the Sacred Timeline and knew to stay in the background/not interfere because he knew things would play out the right way in the end.  Otherwise, Steve going back changes the MCU timeline and he’d get pruned by the TVA.

• Like 3

On 6/13/2021 at 11:55 AM, JonnyLaw said:

I think I saw that when I watched it and laughed a bit, but I didn’t really think through the potential implications.

I think the easiest (albeit not perfect) explanation is that Steve was always Peggy’s husband in the Sacred Timeline and knew to stay in the background/not interfere because he knew things would play out the right way in the end.  Otherwise, Steve going back changes the MCU timeline and he’d get pruned by the TVA.

Basically

The theory (and again this is just random YT channel theories) is that the Peggy Carter that Steve went back and spent time with in the Sacred Timeline is fine. (As even confirmed in the first Loki episode)

The variant is the Agent Carter from the TV show who did... something. (Obviously the time traveling Agents of Shield would also be variants here too)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

The real Demo God!

It'll be interesting to see how the second episode ratings and ratings change differ. No-one knew what to expect from "The Mandalorian", but I know the second episode got way more views then the first one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Is that even Peggy Carter? Seems spurious.

It’s likely meant to be a joke Easter egg reference to her/the debate about Steve going back in time at best. I’d be surprised if that was some attempt to canonically reference the Agents of Shield/Peggy Carter timeline.

• Like 1

Just finished episode two. Very good. Loki works out the Variant Loki is hiding in apocalypse events. Loki, Mobius and a strike team go to hunt the Variant Loki. We see the minutemen who was captured at the start of the episode revealing to the Variant Loki where the Time Keepers can be found. The Variant Loki talks to our Loki by possessing the bodies of different people including B-12. The Variant Loki shows their true form, a Lady Loki who sets off time charges causing the timeline to fracture and the TVA goes on red alert. Loki follows her despite Mobius telling him to stop and that's where the episode ends.

• Like 1

Apparently some sleuths on the MarvelStudios subreddit watched the last few minutes frame by frame and caught that some of those bombs were going to places like Ego, Titan, Sakaar, Vormir, Xandar and "some famous cities".

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

Apparently some sleuths on the MarvelStudios subreddit watched the last few minutes frame by frame and caught that some of those bombs were going to places like Ego, Titan, Sakaar, Vormir, Xandar and "some famous cities".

E3_Qtf6UcAETI2R?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Casey said:

• March 31, 1492: Lisbon, Portugal
  • April 23, 2301: Vormir
  • October 25, 1551: Thorton, USA
  • November 22, 1999: Cookeville, USA
  • February 16, 2004: Asgard
  • October 3, 1390: Rome, Italy
  • August 13, 1984: Sakaar, Tayo
  • February 2, 1808: Barichara, Colombia
  • July 14, 1708: Porvoo, Finland
  • December 22, 1382: Ego
  • October 13, 1982: Titan
  • September 21, 1947: New York, USA
  • March 1, 1984: Tokyo, Japan
  • January 3, 0051: Hala
  • April 2, 1999: Kingsport, USA
  • September 24, 1001: Xandar
  • November 23, 2065: Bejing, China
  • July 18, 1903: Madrid, Spain
  • April 4, 1887: ??? (the date briefly flashes onscreen, but the scene cuts away before the location can be revealed)
  • Like 2