DVDVR Message Board

NXTuesday - 6/1/2021

Dolfan in NYC

#1 contender Triple Threat Tonight.  

Personally, Gargano winning the title and becoming an even bigger douchebag version of this character would be lovely. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DEAN said:

I assume this week Toni Storm and Sarray are wrestling.  Probably not against each other.

Or maybe not.

I couldn't be bothered with the 3-way. Cole fucking things up was a choice I guess. The later Cole/Kross showdown was ok I guess. Somehow I find a 5-way a better alternative than seeing any of these guys face Kross in a singles match. Hopefully Johnny wins the belt which is not something I ever though I would be ok with happening again.

Ember getting her ass beat by Dakota as Raquel distracted her was fun. Looking forward to her matches with both women.

The scene with Drake, Dain, and Ever Rise getting into with Hit Row felt kind of odd with us not gettign a match here tonight. Still should be fun to see Hit Row take them apart whenever it goes down.

Candice/Indi vs. Zoey/Ramir was decent enough. 

MSK/LDF was good. Wish LDF won.

Martinez calling out Xia for Takeover is interesting. I like Xia in her current gimmick, but she has yet to deliver a Takeover worthy performance. Hopefully this isn't a angle being thrown on ppv opposed to tv for no reason, and Xia manages to deliver something impressive.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

Martinez calling out Xia for Takeover is interesting. I like Xia in her current gimmick, but she has yet to deliver a Takeover worthy performance. Hopefully this isn't a angle being thrown on ppv opposed to tv for no reason, and Xia manages to deliver something impressive.

No matter, since I am a dork, I love them using the Mae Young Classic as the build for the match

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

I couldn't be bothered with the 3-way. Cole fucking things up was a choice I guess. The later Cole/Kross showdown was ok I guess. Somehow I find a 5-way a better alternative than seeing any of these guys face Kross in a singles match. Hopefully Johnny wins the belt which is not something I ever though I would be ok with happening again.

Ember getting her ass beat by Dakota as Raquel distracted her was fun. Looking forward to her matches with both women.

The scene with Drake, Dain, and Ever Rise getting into with Hit Row felt kind of odd with us not gettign a match here tonight. Still should be fun to see Hit Row take them apart whenever it goes down.

Candice/Indi vs. Zoey/Ramir was decent enough. 

MSK/LDF was good. Wish LDF won.

I'd take anyone in the five way over Karrion Kross as NXT Champion, even Adam Cole which is saying something as I don't rate him and have no love for the Cole/Gargano/Ciampa series for the NXT Championship.

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Sorry, but I find the idea of Cole as champ again every bit as bad as Kross, maybe even worse. 

Both are bad. Equivalent of do you want a kick to the balls or a boot up the ass?

I'd go with Pete Dunne. Second choice, Kyle O'Reilly.

Edited by The Natural

Good episode. Single tear on the cheek of Lumis was aces! Not much to comment, other than I'd like to see Dunne stand face to face with Kross again, so I could feasibly compare how I'd look next him? Not like Cole, I hope. He needs to bring his cardio game to the 5-way if he wants to survive.

Oh, and Xia Li referencing her first match ever against Martinez was a nice touch.

Also, calling that MSK assisted moonsault unpredictable, when they do it in every match, is the exact opposite of...

The debuting cruiserweight opponent looked very impressive.

Dibiase-Grimes story evolves and a big win for Atlas.

I guess there was stuff to comment.

On 6/2/2021 at 12:31 PM, Eivion said:

Sorry, but I find the idea of Cole as champ again every bit as bad as Kross, maybe even worse. 

I'm less interested in Kross, but neither option is great.  Cole is more stale. 

Personally, I think Kross retains or drops the belt to Cole without being pinned to set up a singles match down the road.  I'd prefer they put it one of the other three, though.   O'Reilly?  They seem to be intending to push him as a main-eventer.

On 6/1/2021 at 11:13 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Personally, Gargano winning the title and becoming an even bigger douchebag version of this character would be lovely. 

Works for me.