DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUN 2021

The Natural

I was mildly disappointed that Hobbs didn't destroy Marko further than he did.  But it was still fun to see Marko try his tactics only for Hobbs to shut that down.  And Tay doing the Dirty Dancing dance with Aubrey was absolutely adorable.  I get a kick out of how she beats the tar out of her opponents and seems to have a huge smile on her face the whole time.  She has really found herself and I'm so ready for her to get the title.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, matt925 said:

Is this like jungle boy and Anna? Awesome if so (or not, hope I’m not reading too much but I mean). Need more Keiko and the sweepers. 

I think based on social media that they're just BFFs...although who knows, and good for them either way.

I was bummed that Hollidead didn't get in more offense against Nyla, but Nyla is heading into a title match so I expected a beating.

I was happy that Wheeler YUTA was protected via villain chicanery in his loss against Karl Anderson.  Hopefully he'll be able to showcase his skills in a singles match and kill Ryzin or something.

Reka Tehaka's sketchy selling of Shida's Brainbuster and transitioning to offense with a fucking headbutt after being dropped on her dome is perfectly logical and falls with in the Pro Wrestling Hierarchy of Skull Density since she is Samoan.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Oh, man, Taz was in rare form especially with him trying to sing Nyla's theme.  He's such a blast to listen to.  And I'm assuming the moves he mentions during Tay's matches are real Judo moves but it's cool to see him truly in his element.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Oh, man, Taz was in rare form especially with him trying to sing Nyla's theme.  He's such a blast to listen to.  And I'm assuming the moves he mentions during Tay's matches are real Judo moves but it's cool to see him truly in his element.

I laughed my ass off when Taz called gimmick infringement and threatened to run in on Baron Black's match when Baron tried slapping the Kata-Ha-Jime on Wardlow and failed miserably.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, matt925 said:
Is this like jungle boy and Anna?

#joindarkorder

Holy fuck, The Captain breaking out the Sugar Hold trap submission officially makes him my new favorite wrestler that will never win a title in AEW.

Edited by J.T.

Jungle Boy vs. Stu Grayson for the affection of Anna Jay is the match I did not now I needed to see until today.

Those dudes would kill each other and it would probably be great.  I'd give them at least 30 minutes.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Jungle Boy vs. Stu Grayson for the affection of Anna Jay is the match I did not now I needed to see until today.

Those dudes would kill each other and it would probably be great.  I'd give them at least 30 minutes.

Throw John Silver into the mix:

"Anna! Annaahh!! Annnnnaaaahhhh!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, J.T. said:

This whole story has to end with Anna Jay on a Forklift!

• Haha 1

I wouldn't think there would be. Maybe there's language about him not being able to take an on-camera role for a period, but I don't see what the justification of a non-compete for a backstage role would be

Ever since I saw my first Griff Garrison match I've had this weird feeling like he has a hugely high ceiling and that he might be a really good fit for the WWE system.  I could never figure out exactly why... yeah, he's a big tall blonde babyface type who wrestles a sensible style, but for the longest time I thought "this must be the same vibe Vince got from Tom Magee".

Today I think I figured it out. I think Griff Garrison reminds me of a young Hunter Hearst Helmsley with all the heel instincts flipped face.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1