DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUN 2021

The Natural

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I saw the name but have never heard of them.  Are they two guys working a hobo gimmick, or two guys with really nice butts? 

or...

Two guys with really nice butts working a hobo gimmick?

Actual Hobos with unremarkable butts. I think one was Arik Cannon but I'm not sure? I don't think they named them individually on commentary.

EDIT: My Mistake, I thought the guy on the left was Cannon. 

Edited by Goodear
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I saw the name but have never heard of them.  Are they two guys working a hobo gimmick, or two guys with really nice butts? 

or...

Two guys with really nice butts working a hobo gimmick?

True story: when telling my wife the name of the team in the match, I said: "I don't know if they're bums in the English sense or American sense".

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AxB said:

The opener to Elevation (FTR vs Isaacs & Nelson) was really good. And not just because FTR are good, either.

Pleased to see FTR wrestling tag matches again as opposed to being used exclusively in weak to forgettable 'Pinnacle Town Halls' and vignettes.  Wonderful match.  More please!

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Pleased to see FTR wrestling tag matches again as opposed to being used exclusively in weak to forgettable 'Pinnacle Town Halls' and vignettes.  Wonderful match.  More please!

Y’know, Jericho hasn’t done a big musical number in a long time.

A big Sharks vs Jets rumble with dancing and alternating verses between The IC and The Pinnacle.  Yes, Tully will dance…and Santana will rule as always by surprising everyone with his beautiful voice.  

I seriously have the lowest of the low expectations for anything Jericho does.  He can’t possibly ruin my opinion of him anymore than he already has.  Just shut up and wrestle some matches.  Maybe just get him to not share whatever creative ideas he has with the wrestling world for now.  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

True story: when telling my wife the name of the team in the match, I said: "I don't know if they're bums in the English sense or American sense".

That’s the Wingmen ?

Edited by Casey

No, that's if Sonny decides to team up with Fuego. They'd probably call themselves Cake Factory though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

No, that's if Sonny decides to team up with Fuego. They'd probably call themselves Cake Factory though.

You say that but I think that'd be a damn good name.  That also depends on people playing along with what they're doing on Sammy's vlog. 

On 6/22/2021 at 12:44 AM, DEAN said:

Dax Harwood has the best Brainbuster in wrestling.

Currently?  Yes, he does.  Of all time? Koko B. Ware.

Has Bear Bronson had a bad match since turning singles competitor JTTS?

Diamante should stick to using submission moves like that nerve hold and the straitjacket monstrosity she nearly killed Queen Aminata with last week.  Ditch the Code Red, girl.

Edited by J.T.

Is MJF never working on Dark and hardly ever on Dynamite a good strategy for him?  He seems like a guy who could really benefit from some reps.  I like the idea of booking certain ppl as if they're a special attraction, but I don't quite see that with Friedman.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Is MJF never working on Dark and hardly ever on Dynamite a good strategy for him?  He seems like a guy who could really benefit from some reps.  I like the idea of booking certain ppl as if they're a special attraction, but I don't quite see that with Friedman.  

I agree with you on this, but I kinda have to assume that'll change by default once Rampage starts (not just with him but everyone)

I assume that's true.  And seems like another good reason why he would benefit from working reps on Dark.  Apparently, he hasn't had a one on one singles match since December when he defeated Orange Cassidy for his Diamond Ring gimmick.  His in ring work doesn't quite feel World Championship level; which is where they seem to want to go with him eventually.  I can't recall any particularly good singles matches since that Jungle Boy PPV match.  I suppose some would say the Moxley match.  I don't remember much of anything about it.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus

The Cage match versus Chandler Hopkins on Dark was interesting in that I was ready to hate it as Cage gave him far too much, with it being it worked ridiculously evenly. But then Taz started laying into him on commentary saying he was making things far too hard, so I’m kind of torn on it as I think that’s exactly how they should have been playing off Cage’s GMSI style.

Ideally I would have had an angle where Taz coached that out of him so he improves, but the imminent face turn makes that seem unlikely. If they start to acknowledge that Cage is basically his own worst enemy because of his style then I think I’ll find him a lot more tolerable.

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Adam Hangman Page's the one to end Kenny Omega's AEW World Championship reign.

Man, they gotta ride Omega as AEW Champion for a year at least. Let that change be a major impactful moment. 

Hell, have September PPV main event be a 6 man to keep stretching the story. 

• Like 1

Hangman shying away from any talk of Kenny, the Bucks, the Elite, or the AEW World Title is the 2020s version of Sting vs the nWo. I say that half-jokingly, but for me it works.

At some point, I want a match that Hangman wins and then Tony goes to interview Hangman in the ring and again Hangman shies away from answering the question about challenging Kenny. This time though, the Dark Order, or specifically, Uno comes out and slaps Hangman and proceeds to cut a killer promo about how Hangman is special, how he's watched Hangman be afraid of that belt and challenging Kenny for months, how there's no reason for Hangman to be afraid and how he can beat Kenny, and how the Dark Order wouldn't believe in Hangman if they didn't think he couldn't win it all.

Let Hangman then duck questions about a response to Uno for a couple weeks and finally he goes off and cuts the Rocky 3 "I AM AFRAID!" promo. It makes him sick to think that he and Kenny and the Bucks were his friends and because of his actions and because he let others get in his head, he doesn't have any of that anymore and he doesn't want to lose the Dark Order as friends either. He's afraid to face Kenny because he lost to him once and facing him means facing letting down his fans again. Uno then does the rest of Adrian's speech.

Then do a month long sprint of Hangman pumping himself up, throwing back beers after wins, and let him cut a killer promo that he wants Kenny and he's coming for his belt.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So let me get this straight Joey Janela is kicked out of a School Board Meeting for trolling as an Anti-masker, but he was only pretending to be an anti-masker? 

And also took the opportunity to have a photo with the NXT Qanon faction while at said School Board Meeting?

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Hangman shying away from any talk of Kenny, the Bucks, the Elite, or the AEW World Title is the 2020s version of Sting vs the nWo. I say that half-jokingly, but for me it works.

At some point, I want a match that Hangman wins and then Tony goes to interview Hangman in the ring and again Hangman shies away from answering the question about challenging Kenny. This time though, the Dark Order, or specifically, Uno comes out and slaps Hangman and proceeds to cut a killer promo about how Hangman is special, how he's watched Hangman be afraid of that belt and challenging Kenny for months, how there's no reason for Hangman to be afraid and how he can beat Kenny, and how the Dark Order wouldn't believe in Hangman if they didn't think he couldn't win it all.

Let Hangman then duck questions about a response to Uno for a couple weeks and finally he goes off and cuts the Rocky 3 "I AM AFRAID!" promo. It makes him sick to think that he and Kenny and the Bucks were his friends and because of his actions and because he let others get in his head, he doesn't have any of that anymore and he doesn't want to lose the Dark Order as friends either. He's afraid to face Kenny because he lost to him once and facing him means facing letting down his fans again. Uno then does the rest of Adrian's speech.

Then do a month long sprint of Hangman pumping himself up, throwing back beers after wins, and let him cut a killer promo that he wants Kenny and he's coming for his belt.

Hangman fighting for and winning the belt via the power of friendship would be the most anti-WWE thing, and thus the best thing, ever.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1