DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUN 2021

The Natural

7 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

To me if you’re going to make AEW Dark your answer to NXT, you might as well just home base it in Dailey’s Place or the Factory and run it out of that area doing a very localized loop. Just use your stars to do special attraction matches and base Dark around guys you need to develop. Let Dark have exclusive storylines and give the show some sort of identity it really needs.

Edited by Goodear
  • Like 2

Meant to say the following sooner. I really liked how the Dark Order came out as Tay Conti made her entrance when she wrestled for Hikaru Shida's AEW World Women's Championship. Most of that's due to her team with Anna Jay who I miss. Get well soon xxx. Cool that the Dark Order tend to still do for Tay.

Edited by The Natural

This might be the most meme worthy BTE in a long time. It was definitely the best Dark Order segment in awhile. 

Even the Vicky and Nyla sketch, which usually suck, was pretty funny. "FUCK UNO!"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

This might be the most meme worthy BTE in a long time. It was definitely the best Dark Order segment in awhile. 

Even the Vicky and Nyla sketch, which usually suck, was pretty funny. "FUCK UNO!"

• Like 1

The opener to Elevation (FTR vs Isaacs & Nelson) was really good. And not just because FTR are good, either.

The Acclaimed are now talking in character about how over they're going to be once they get back on the road. Pretty sure that Bowens' "AEW! The Acclaimed have arrived" deal is going to turn into a cheap pop spot where he says the name of the town, once that happens. But Caster is keeping his mic skills sharp.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

The opener to Elevation (FTR vs Isaacs & Nelson) was really good. And not just because FTR are good, either.

The Acclaimed are now talking in character about how over they're going to be once they get back on the road. Pretty sure that Bowens' "AEW! The Acclaimed have arrived" deal is going to turn into a cheap pop spot where he says the name of the town, once that happens. But Caster is keeping his mic skills sharp.

I'm late watching the show (up to the Hardy promo, which I didn't love) so I just saw these, 100% agree on both points.

Side note on FTR, their entrance is so much better now with them coming out to the Pinnacle's badass Horsemen-knockoff theme. Their old music both here and in WWE wasn't my cup of tea at all.

• Like 3

The fact that they're actually starting an angle on Elevation is good though. So when the former Robo the Punjabi Lion shows up a part of the HFO (or not) it doesn't seen unprecedented.

I think Jorah Johl is his shoot name. He is legit shoot from India. He's not one of those Western-born guys doing a gimmick of being from the Country his parents were born in. They even uploaded him doing his promo in Hindi:

Shawn Spears might have found something watchable as "Unhinged" Shawn Spears. At the end of the day, it's still fuck Shawn Spears, but this at least makes sense.

• Like 1

Vince’s first idea would be Robo recruited by…The Wingmen.  This is AEW so…Robo will be recruited for several weeks.  

The storyline doesn’t make It onto Dynamite until the week after Robo turns HFO down.  A few weeks later Cody announces the newest Family member, his daughter! Then that same night Cody saves Robo from HFO. A tag is arranged , RoboCody wins and Robo is put on the pile along with the others whom Cody has been accused of helping in the past year.

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

Dax Harwood has the best Brainbuster in wrestling.

Can't beat a good Brainbuster. When I think of the move, it's Koko B Ware, Shinya Hashimoto, Kenta Kobashi and the tag team of Arn Anderson/Tully Blanchard.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AxB said:

The fact that they're actually starting an angle on Elevation is good though. So when the former Robo the Punjabi Lion shows up a part of the HFO (or not) it doesn't seen unprecedented.

I think Jorah Johl is his shoot name. He is legit shoot from India. He's not one of those Western-born guys doing a gimmick of being from the Country his parents were born in. They even uploaded him doing his promo in Hindi:

Cool. *Pedant* He's speaking Punjabi afaik. My community has a large Sikh population and the school I taught for a few years was ~90% Punjabi speakers, so I learned the naughty words pretty quick. */Pedant*

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AxB said:

I thought his shoot name was Harpreet Singh.

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Can't beat a good Brainbuster. When I think of the move, it's Koko B Ware, Shinya Hashimoto, Kenta Kobashi and the tag team of Arn Anderson/Tully Blanchard.

Honourable mention to Eddie Guerrero’s, that’s what drew me to him in WCW.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Custos said:

Honourable mention to Eddie Guerrero’s, that’s what drew me to him in WCW.

Shit! Can't believe I forgot Eddie Guerrero. Guerrero's was one of the best. Hope you're well, mate.

Edited by The Natural

9 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Bums R Us have officially filled the hole left by Janella/Kiss in my list of boy tag teams.

I saw the name but have never heard of them.  Are they two guys working a hobo gimmick, or two guys with really nice butts? 

or...

Two guys with really nice butts working a hobo gimmick?

23 minutes ago, Gordberg said:

Who do you guys think Jim Ross' top two picks would be for Best Brainbuster?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

One was in the KKK, one was not, but used those initials for heat.  Because wrestling.

• Like 1