DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUN 2021

The Natural

51 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I think it depends on the momentum they're carrying into those shows. I expect a make good for Newark just because they weren't able to do Blood & Guts there. Rochester should sell just because I expect that to be a Brodie/Jon Huber type tribute show. NYC should do good just because you get the feeling that's going to be a destination show to steal a Meltzer term. Boston should be fine because it's the only New England show, and I'm assuming it's Agganis Arena and not the Celtics arena. Same with Philly because that's going to be Liacouras and not where the Sixers play if my assumption is correct.

Boston will be the first show after All Out so that should draw some extra buzz as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Can't wait to see how Arthur Ashe Stadium is set up for this. Just look at this picture, with the roof open, and imagine a wrestling event going on. If I didn't have tickets to the Rochester show and potentially All Out, I would most certainly try and make this happen. Gotta be a big show in hopes of filling up this bad boy right?

Arthur Ashe Stadium | Architect Magazine

Serendipitous. 

I'm thinking Coach TK is looking at making Arthur Ashe his MSG.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Infinit said:

They might double tape on the 26/27th, or I could see them maybe doing a "farewell Daily's Place" show live on the 30th.

Possible, but unlikely. They don't have tickets listed anywhere (June 26th and all of the July events are listed already on Ticketmaster.) It would also be smart to give the road crew a few extra days to make sure they deconstruct the set at Daily's Place and didn't forget anything. I know the road crew are professionals that tear down and rebuild sets all the time, but it is the first time in like 15 months. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

The thing about trampolines is, whatever hits first gets the soft impact.  Everything else becomes solid as the force of the first impact radiates outward.

I guarantee you I had back injuries for a couple months as a kid from other kids "bouncing me up" on a neighbor's trampoline, where they try and ruin your bounce by hitting right around the same time. 

Little bullying fucks...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrKothoga said:

https://twitter.com/MadKing1981/status/1405189838438084608

Eddie Kingston should headline that NYC show in a losing effort against Tanahashi or Akiyama. He'd probably die of happiness right after that match.

Just lost my shit picturing them putting Kingston, Ortiz/Santana and Private Party together in a 10-man tag against some dudes. NYC VS ERRRBODY.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like two years ago I tweeted Cody a photo of the tennis stadium in Indian Wells (Southern California). I should get a finders fee dammit (it’s gonna look great on tv and a tennis stadium is the perfect venue for wrestling. It’s like a sumo hall stadium.)

Sorry, jumping back into all of this and largely skipping past what looked like arguing, but if NYC show turns into some kind of supershow, I need Lil Kazu teaming up with the Best Friends and a BTE that is just Okada, Dustin, Greg, and OC fucking around in NYC.

22 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Do they use the Arthur Ashe center for things other than tennis?   I figure they have had some concerts there 

Only non-tennis events I'm aware of are a Fortnite tournament in 2019 and a NY Liberty game way back in 2008, before they added the roof. So it's a deceptively special occasion.

• Like 1

It's Rovert, obviously it's not a real quote. He makes shit up. Check with Meltzer or SRS.

I mean, most likely they tape Elevation before/ after Dynamite and Dark before/ after Rampage (or vice versa) because that's the obvious thing to do. Hiring a random other building to do a separate other taping is financially stupid.

Also,on the ticket announcement for Dynamite it says Doors 6pm, Show 7. Even though Dynamite is on telly at 8. Bit of a giveaway, that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Possible, but unlikely. They don't have tickets listed anywhere (June 26th and all of the July events are listed already on Ticketmaster.) It would also be smart to give the road crew a few extra days to make sure they deconstruct the set at Daily's Place and didn't forget anything. I know the road crew are professionals that tear down and rebuild sets all the time, but it is the first time in like 15 months. Better safe than sorry.

Scratch that. @Infinitwas right, they posted today tickets for June 30th go on sale tomorrow. Pleasantly surprised, the live shows just have better energy.

• Like 2

Okay - here is the WON's summary of Tony Khan explaining the taping schedule to Mike Johnson of PWI

Rampage

• Rampage will be live on some weeks and taped on other weeks after Dynamite. The Queens show is one example where Rampage will be taped due to the crowd which will be one of the criteria going forward.
  • The August Rampage debut will be live in addition to any go-home weeks for pay-per-views.
  • The All Out go-home Rampage will be at the Sears Centre, the same venue as the PPV.

Dark and Dark: Elevation

• When they go out on the road in July, Monday's Dark: Elevation shows will be filmed prior to Dynamite and will be a shorter show. Some times, Khan "may add matches that I'll explain where I'll add them from."
  • He is going to procure a venue in order to film Tuesday's Dark shows in addition to other content so he can give 100% attention to the show and not have to worry about filming Dynamite, Elevation and Dark all on one night.

• Like 2