DVDVR Message Board

June 2021 Wrestling Imagery

43 minutes ago, Pete said:

Someone done fucked with the wrong pasty Irishman...

Thieves are horrible. Hopefully Sheamus gets his cross back. Imagining Sheamus hitting a Brogue Kick on the lowlife makes me smile.

Edited by The Natural

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Love behind the scenes footage like this, Kane in 1997 before his debut that year in the first ever Hell in a Cell match: Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker at In Your House 18: Badd Blood. Everything about the match is perfect.

• Commissioner Slaughter checking underneath the ring before the Hell in a Cell was lowered.
  • The original Hell in a Cell is so much better than The replacements.
  • The commentary by Vince McMahon, Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler. Last PPV Vince would do full time.
  • The Dead Man out for revenge for Shawn Michaels' actions, taking his time with the beating.
  • Both Undertaker and Shawn Michaels using the Cell as a weapon.
  • The camera man getting attacked playing up Shawn Michaels reputation as a pain in the fucking arse.
  • The above leading to a plausible reason for both to escape the cage.
  • All the stuff outside the Cell. Undertaker's slingshot/javelin to Michaels busting him open, the press slam on the Cell roof, 'Taker standing on Michaels' hands so he goes through the announcers table, 'Taker hip tosses and press slams Shawn onto the table and the broken bits of the one HBK went through.
  • Undertaker chokeslams Shawn from the top turnbuckle.
  • Undertaker with a sick chairshot to Shawn's head calling back to the SummerSlam 1997 finish when Michaels, the Special Guest Referee hit Undertaker with a steel chair swinging for Bret Hart costing Undertaker his WWF Championship.
  • Kane debuts after months of teases. What presentation: Kane's look, the entrance music, the lighting, the fire, "That's gotta be Kane!" and Kane's Tombstone Piledriver using Undertaker's own finisher.
  • Shawn crawls from a pool of his own blood to steal the win and is the #1 contender to the WWF Championship held by Bret Hart at the Survivor Series.

I became a wrestling fan at the age of five and I've never wavered. Out of the wrestling matches I watched as a kid growing up, four have stayed with me to this day in this order:

1. Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin, WrestleMania 13. *****.

2. Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart, WrestleMania X. *****.

3. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker, In Your House 18: Badd Blood 1997. *****.

4. Shawn Michaels vs. Mankind, In Your House 10: Mind Games 1996. *****.

• 19-year-old Log sitting sixth row behind the announcers table that Michaels fell through.
  • One of my high school best friends (then a nursing student) stitching up Michaels after the match at St. Louis Deaconess Hospital.  She was never a wrestling fan, but said that Chyna was amazingly sweet to everyone at the hospital.  So much so, that Chyna's death really affected my friend.
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, Matt D said:

1. Flair was the best at making the first few minutes of a NWA title match entertaining.

2. Windham made everything look effortless.

WPnM0v.gif

God, this is great stuff.  I love the little look Windham gives the crowd before he drops down into the headlock.  It's like, "Watch this."

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Log said:

God, this is great stuff.  I love the little look Windham gives the crowd before he drops down into the headlock.  It's like, "Watch this."

It made it seem as if Windham really scouted Flair, which added an element of mindgaming to the match, where Flair had to get Windham off his plan to survive with the belt (which Thee Nature Boy usually did by bloodying the heck out of young Barry). Great storytelling.

- RAF

Edited by thee Reverend Axl Future
sp. errors, why don't I proof read, high school all over again
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, bazzil said:

re: the Kane training video. thats Jim Cornette showing him how to do the proper situp and he talked about it on his podcast

What's more impressive is footage of Cornette doing a sit up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

The reason Kurt Angle is tending today. 

I honestly want to watch a documentary about this so I can learn the background of everyone in this video. I have suspicions about whether or not she knew exactly what was going to happen when she tried to get her boyfriend to fight a dude with straight backs,  face tats,  and black air forces. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That's amazing.  Human Suplex Machine.  Love it.  Although, that first one was more of a Rock Bottom/uranage.

Next live wrestling show I go to, I'm going to just yell "Get 'em together!" the whole time.

Edited by Log
  • Like 2

The part that is so amazing to me is that everyone in the crowd was 100% confident how this was going to play out. Here's a rule to live by,  if you go to fight someone at their job and they seem to have no concern about losing said job... just go home. Fighting is that person's full time job. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, supremebve said:

The part that is so amazing to me is that everyone in the crowd was 100% confident how this was going to play out. Here's a rule to live by,  if you go to fight someone at their job and they seem to have no concern about losing said job... just go home. Fighting is that person's full time job. 

Much like the Oklahoma football players learned earlier this year: if you are going to fight someone and they do not seem at all bothered about that, you are about to have an extremely bad time.

Somebody should steal that back suplex into a uranage. That was slick.

• Like 4

Nobody has brought up that THE GUY CALLED UP ALL HIS FRIENDS TO COME WATCH. Or possibly, fellow gang members considering he was signing to the dude at the end. If you see that crowd are you gonna engage? 

Somebody def. needs to steal "GET 'EM TOGETHER!" now.