DVDVR Message Board

June 2021 Wrestling Discussion

WWE stuff:

Meltzer confirmed WWE wants bigger and younger guys.

Russo and others talked about the budgets cuts, all the cuts are to save more money. Nick Khan’s does not see bloated rosters as cost-effective 

We may see more mini purges after Mitb and Summerslam.

They want more jacked up, tall guys in their mid to early 20s. So, Vince back to normal. 50 Bobby Lashleys coming up, but half the age.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
12 minutes ago, AxB said:

Would you rather sign one 50-year-old Bobby Lashley, or 50 one-year-old Bobby Lashleys?

I was not expecting such a disturbing ethics question on this here message board. Where would we even house 50 one-year-old Bobby Lashleys? Can you imagine how much they'll cost to feed by the time they become teenagers? Plus the morality of it all! Goodness.

19 hours ago, Casey said:

It would seem that Sasha Banks has been liking anti-vax stuff on Instagram. Of course, the stan army is out in full force all over Twitter and Instagram.

EDIT: And there was a eugenics post in there that was liked by her, too... Big oof if true.

Newsflash: Professional wrestlers? Possibly not the brightest bulbs in the room.

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

WWE stuff:

Meltzer confirmed WWE wants bigger and younger guys.

Russo and others talked about the budgets cuts, all the cuts are to save more money. Nick Khan’s does not see bloated rosters as cost-effective 

We may see more mini purges after Mitb and Summerslam.

You shouldn't listen to Russo and his bitch boy Billi Bhatti. Bhatti is a scumbag of the highest order.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I guess people found Finn Balor interacting with some of this material as well. As usual, expect everyone has some questionable ideas until proven otherwise. *shrug*

it could be a stretch to suggest that Finn and Sasha even have ideas..    and that's not an excuse for them as i'm sure some will say i'm defending them here.  Until i actually see them say something, i can't say what any of it means in terms of their character.  

Example:  i have people in my own family who have shared memes that fall on some dumb conspiracy shit and when i confronted them about it the response was along the lines of them not even knowing what it meant.  

There's a lot of sharing/liking on social media from people who want to be or feel "educated" on a topic but aren't anywhere close to being educated. 

• Like 1

Is Sasha out there advising people to not get vaccinated?  I'm not paying much attention to the story, but it seems like someone went through her likes looking for something controversial to stir people up about.  Is there more to it than that?  I don't know that I want people judging who I am as a person on the basis of one or two liked posts.  I like posts for a variety of reasons, often without knowing too much about who or what made the post.  I think i probably occasionally like posts by people I don't like or respect because they said something funny or made a point about a particular issue that I agree with.  

Personally, I don't feel like there are many valid reasons not to get vaccinated and I don't have much patience for anti-vaxxers who babble at me about their freedom or experimental or their choice or whatever.  I'm even a little skeptical when people tell me they can't get vaccinated for medical reasons, though since I'm not a doctor, I'm guessing a very select few may have a valid concern on that front (a lot fewer than make the claim)

That said, I find it odd to get bent out of shape because a person I'll never meet has an opinion I don't agree with.  Sasha didn't ask my opinion and doesn't need it.  If I ever find myself in a conversation with her, I'll gladly explain to her why I think her stance (if it's really her stance) is wrong-headed, but till then getting offended because the woman I watch perform on tv once in a while has an opinion I don't agree with is silly.  I don't know the first thing about her as a person, so I'm not in a position to have a valid opinion on what she thinks or feels about anything.  Trying to pretend I have a valid opinion on Mercedes Varnado is probably just going to make me look idiotic because it's most likely going to be based on a lot incorrect assumptions and incomplete information.

Edited by Eoae
fixed a few typos
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Eoae said:

I'm even a little skeptical when people tell me they can't get vaccinated for medical reasons, though since I'm not a doctor, I'm guessing a very select few may have a valid concern on that front (a lot fewer than make the claim)

Allergic reactions to vaccine ingredients.  

• Like 2

In re: Sasha, I think like-policing your favorite wrestlers is some real weirdo fan shit to do, even when it comes to this. I feel like, you know, mind your own business! If someone starts posting about it or can't stop themselves from talking about it in interviews, that's different and fair game.

And I think someone else said it above, too, but I would also reiterate that while I don't think wrestlers are stupid or inherently conservative, I do think wrestling (like MMA) draws in a certain type of person. Knuckleheads, maybe, is the term I'm looking for? Not stupid, but kind of stubborn and strange and with an idiosyncratic view of themselves and the world. You have to be a little nuts just to do it, is what I mean, and even though workers today seem a lot better adjusted than back in the 80s or even the 90s, I think it's an industry where you are gonna find a higher than average incidence of cranks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I deleted Twitter and Facebook back in April. Happiest I've been in a while since. I still see things like the Sasha stuff and remember why I quit it. I don't need to know anyone's thoughts on everything and I don't want to. I just want to enjoy what I like without a much of BS underneath it.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

I deleted Twitter and Facebook back in April. Happiest I've been in a while since. I still see things like the Sasha stuff and remember why I quit it. I don't need to know anyone's thoughts on everything and I don't want to. I just want to enjoy what I like without a much of BS underneath it.

I did something similar a couple months ago.  Didn't delete any of my accounts, but mostly cut my follow lists down to people I know personally and various news websites..  Was just getting too much superfluous fluff from acquaintances, former employees, podcasters, etc.  My Twitter feed is a lot more tolerable.

Edit: In case anyone was wondering, this is why i stopped posting gifs in the image thread.  Unfollowed all the gif makers.

Edited by Eoae
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

Honestly the best thing I did at the start of lockdown was delete the damn things!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spontaneous said:

Same here. Haven't been on any form of social media since before Christmas and I don't miss it one bit. Social media is a cesspool. 

• Like 1