DVDVR Message Board

June 2021 Wrestling Discussion

1 minute ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

"Dur dur dur, I love coal, dur dur dur, I love mountains" is the new "I broke Wahoo's leg."

I read an article where The Progressive Liberal got heel heat in Appalachia by wishing the crowd would all get jobs...working in clean energy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

"Dur dur dur, I love coal, dur dur dur, I love mountains" is the new "I broke Wahoo's leg."

How that isn't a best-selling shirt on PWT is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Pretty sure he was trolling.

...pretty sure.

It's the "Goatfucker" theory of comedy.  

Someone fucks a goat. When someone says, "hey that's disgusting", they respond, "LOL I'm just joking!" 

But at the end of the day, they're still fucking a goat. 

Someone needs to tell Joey what a fucking stupid, stupid, stupid idea it is to do something like this.  

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It's the "Goatfucker" theory of comedy.  

Someone fucks a goat. When someone says, "hey that's disgusting", they respond, "LOL I'm just joking!" 

But at the end of the day, they're still fucking a goat. 

Someone needs to tell Joey what a fucking stupid, stupid, stupid idea it is to do something like this.  

"Whahahahahat?!" - my irl reaction

• Like 1

‘Bad Boy’s gonna Bad Boy’ probably. When have they ever laid down the law for anyone not named Jimmy Havoc (even then they had already hand-waved a brawl with Excalibur if I remember right?)

In general, from the outside their approach seems to be pretty passive: throw enough good eggs in the mix backstage, avoid the combustible elements and ‘she’ll be right’ as the Aussies say.

Edited by Custos

19 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I read an article where The Progressive Liberal got heel heat in Appalachia by wishing the crowd would all get jobs...working in clean energy.

I wonder if he ever used my idea for telling white wrestlers they can't do lucha moves because its cultural appropriation.

Hell, every time a group of babyfaces get together in the ring he could accuse them of holding an insurrection. When he loses a match he could tell the crowd its ok because he identifies as the winner. He could bring out a manager in a lab coat and say, "This is my manager. He's a scientist, so everything I pay him to sa...I mean everything he says is true." Scientist manager's catchphrase: "The science is settled."

Hell, you could do a whole bit where he brings a Hispanic kid out of the crowd and fawns over him until the kid says he's a Republican. Then Progressive Liberal could fly into a rage and scream, "Go back to Guatemala you ingrate! I'm glad we kept you in a cage!" Then again, I don't know if the Appalachian crowd would get the finer points of a "white liberals don't actually care about minorities, they just want their votes" gag, but it's an idea...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Infinit said:

I wonder what the AEW office thinks about all this

I'd be shocked if he didn't run it past someone there. Possibly even TK himself.

I love this stupid match.  Outside of the opening sequence where Shane somehow outwrestles an Olympic gold medalist (about which: Jesus fucking Christ, Shane) it's all bloody and violent and dumb spectacle.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I love this stupid match.  Outside of the opening sequence where Shane somehow outwrestles an Olympic gold medalist (about which: Jesus fucking Christ, Shane) it's all bloody and violent and dumb spectacle.

This was during the period where we would always have 5 to 10 of us who would get together for every PPV and split the cost. I think we had a packed room for this one and we were all losing our fucking minds (right along with Shane).