DVDVR Message Board

June 2021 Wrestling Discussion

3 hours ago, elizium said:

Pittman was awesome. The late 90s was just the totally wrong place for him, especially since he never got any programs against guys like Benoit or Eddy, who would have made him look like a killer. He'd be a huge star on the indies if he was coming up now

I just watched him wrestle Eddy on Nitro on 30 October 1995, and it was a fun little ten minute match. Would have loved to see a full program between them.

OK tech/streaming question: until this month Wrestle Universe worked perfectly for me streaming from Chromecast to my TV. You would have that little icon in the corner and it was simple. Now that doesn't exist. I have an LG Android phone. Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how I can fix this? I have heard there is a way to stream from your phone using Roku, if anyone knows anything about that feel free to share that info. I have no idea why they don't use whomever NJPW uses as their service works beautifully.

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Of course, because it was the lead-in to Raw!

EDIT: No wait, was that Renegade instead? This is post-Silk Stalkings era.

No my friend the eternal lead-in to RAW remains Murder She Wrote

To this day that lead-in confuses me like no other, like talk about a wild demographic shift. SilkStalking/La Femme Nikita was the post RAW show. Iswear it seems like Silk stalkings was on for like 50 years

James

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sabremike said:

OK tech/streaming question: until this month Wrestle Universe worked perfectly for me streaming from Chromecast to my TV. You would have that little icon in the corner and it was simple. Now that doesn't exist. I have an LG Android phone. Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how I can fix this? I have heard there is a way to stream from your phone using Roku, if anyone knows anything about that feel free to share that info. I have no idea why they don't use whomever NJPW uses as their service works beautifully.

They introduced a new video player that supports HD at the end of May.

Do you have to do it through your phone? Streaming to your TV via Chromecast still works on PC. You just have to right-click on the video and select "Stream...". I don't know how do it on Andoid Phones, though.

• Like 1

Well there is the Google Home app (or whatever they call it now) that lets you mirror you whole phone to Chromecast.  It's definitely not ideal but if able to a possible temporary solution.

• Like 1

Let's see. First match I remember seeing was George Steele vs some jobber. It was 78 or 79. With in weeks I was watching whatever wrestling showed up on the 9 channels we got with the antenna.

Found out years later that the actual first show I saw was some Gulf Coast Wrestling event my grandparents took me too when I was under a year old.

1 hour ago, The Z said:

They introduced a new video player that supports HD at the end of May.

Do you have to do it through your phone? Streaming to your TV via Chromecast still works on PC. You just have to right-click on the video and select "Stream...". I don't know how do it on Andoid Phones, though.

Would an Amazon Fire work?

11 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Would an Amazon Fire work?

I don't know. I have an NVIDIA Shield personally, which I can recommend, but I stream Wrestle Universe to it via Chromecast through my PC as I explained above. I tried it on my phone, but I ran upon the same issue that you have. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J.H. said:

No my friend the eternal lead-in to RAW remains Murder She Wrote

To this day that lead-in confuses me like no other, like talk about a wild demographic shift. SilkStalking/La Femme Nikita was the post RAW show. Iswear it seems like Silk stalkings was on for like 50 years

James

You're going way early, I forgot all about Murder She Wrote. We're also forgetting about Forever Knight coming on after. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Z said:

I don't know. I have an NVIDIA Shield personally, which I can recommend, but I stream Wrestle Universe to it via Chromecast through my PC as I explained above. I tried it on my phone, but I ran upon the same issue that you have. 

Would a laptop work? Apologies for asking so many questions but I have no knowledge on tech things whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Morganti said:

What ever happened to Josh Abercrombie?

I haven't actually seen him since ROH stopped booking him in 2010 after the House of Truth broke up, but Cagematch indicates he wrestled a regular schedule until 2012, then has wrestled a couple matches a year since (mostly 1-2 a year, though he apparently wrestled 7-8 matches in 2019).  He wrestled 3-4 matches in 2020.  Nothing this year, apparently.

I remember liking his matches and character in the 2000's, when he had a sleazy "teenage dirtbag" gimmick going, 

I thought his look in ROH was sort of generic (or as generic as an indy wrestler with ugly chest tats can look).

• Thanks 1

OTT Wrestling's policy on booking Wrestlers with Speaking Out accusations has been (grudgingly) released. Anyone accused but not actually charged or convicted can be booked, but they will be announced ahead of time and not be a surprise.

Also, their first show back sold out with no talent announcements.

But everyone's expecting Scurll and friends to be on it.

Is this like an Office Space thing where he's trying to get fired? What a dope.

Unless he was trolling all of the Q idiots there. I really hope he was just there to troll the Q idiots.

The responses are practically even with half seeing it as a joke and the other ready to cancel him.  I'm pretty sure he's trolling the Qidiots but I wouldn't take that risk on the chance it blows up in his face.

Ok, when I looked at the tweet again, I had a big laugh. I think I was taken too off guard the first time. Just seeing USA and JESUS in all caps was hilarious. This has to be a troll. I hope.