DVDVR Message Board

June 2021 Wrestling Discussion

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

RE: Summerslam outdoors in August in Vegas

Isn't it unbearably hot in Vegas in August?

Allegiant Stadium is a dome, the roof is just made from a material that lets natural light in.

Edited by elizium
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, D.Z said:

WWE brought back Shawn Daivari, for producer role.

Summerslam's crowd limit is expected to be around 50 to 60 percent capacity.

Oh wow, I was expecting 100%. If that’s the case, expected 60k capacity would be 30-36k, in that case it will probably sell out. I was counting on easy tickets in the final week. 

Lol. Seriously wrestlers could teach basketball players when they're free falling after getting hit during a dunk. 

A one day pro wrestling camp for nba players, taking flat back bumps all day could honestly be a useful outside the box training session. Of course flopping incidents would increase 900%. 

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

Worth noting that Vegas is a desert so once the sun goes down it cools off quite a bit

It cools down but most of the time the temperature is going from 112ish to 98ish, so it’s still really hot. A few years ago when I was there in July it was 101 at night with a breeze coming in from California, it was like being in a dryer. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

So basically a greenhouse?

It’s crazy, the field sits on a rolling tray that is outside on non game days because it’s needs full sunlight to grow, and then they just roll it in on game days. That also allows them to do stuff like Summerslam and major concerts without destroying the field like at Levi’s stadium. 

A tour of the stadium costs $60, supposedly summerslam tickets start at $25. 

3 hours ago, matt925 said:

Lol. Seriously wrestlers could teach basketball players when they're free falling after getting hit during a dunk. 

A one day pro wrestling camp for nba players, taking flat back bumps all day could honestly be a useful outside the box training session. Of course flopping incidents would increase 900%. 

I recall a quote I had in my sig for a while from, I believe @Brian Fowler(but I could be wrong,) that went "Basketball doesn't need less flopping, it just needs more blading" 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DangerMark said:

I recall a quote I had in my sig for a while from, I believe @Brian Fowler(but I could be wrong,) that went "Basketball doesn't need less flopping, it just needs more blading" 

I do believe that was me, yes

• Like 5

It's always interesting to me, how some WWE wrestlers toe the party line and pretend that WWE wrestling is the only wrestling that exists, and people who get released are erased from history. And then there's others who keep up with their friends who are on the indies... like Shotzi Blackheart, who showed up at Fear the Gay Agenda to give Dark Sheik a big hug.

2 hours ago, EVA said:

It’s already too late for WWE fans.

And the first caller gets the prize! Good job!

...to be quite exact, I was looking for something like "That's a clear and present danger every Monday night, when RAW starts" , but this is very much close enough.

Edited by Shartnado

I know we shouldn't give Jim Cornette attention, but him saying on Twitter that he could beat up Jack Evans - after Jack Evans rightfully called out Lance Storm for his "back in our day" grizzled vet shit - is hilarious. Just what I needed to read before I go to sleep on a Saturday morning.

12 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Where was Lance wrong though, and when has Evans ever been as relevant as Storm was "back in his day"?

When he was in Mexico?

Who did Jim book as the top guy in ROH, even though the fans weren't buying it? Oh yeah, DAVEY RICHARDS.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AxB said:

When he was in Mexico?

Who did Jim book as the top guy in ROH, even though the fans weren't buying it? Oh yeah, DAVEY RICHARDS.

I'm still not seeing where Lance was wrong.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Casey said:

I know we shouldn't give Jim Cornette attention, but him saying on Twitter that he could beat up Jack Evans - after Jack Evans rightfully called out Lance Storm for his "back in our day" grizzled vet shit - is hilarious. Just what I needed to read before I go to sleep on a Saturday morning.

Evans wasn't right about shit. Lance was specifically talking about his own generation when he made his comment, and Evans was just flat out wrong ignoring that his own generation only came in and made shit worse trying to ape what they saw in ECW, NJPW, and AJPW from the 90s.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2021 at 11:17 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Effy and Parrow are having a "Last Daddy Standing" hardcore match as part of Parrow's Effy's "The Gay Agenda" show.

Happy Pride y'all

Effy is a genius. And here is why. During the show last night, #FearTheGayAgenda (the name of the show) was trending top 10. And so lots of LGBTQ people clicked on the trend not knowing what it was (and generally assuming it was some homophobic bigot thing), and instead discovered for the first time that Gay Pro Wrestling was a thing that existed, and decided that actually this was very interesting and something they would like to know more about. So Effy is actually successfully making people who don't watch wrestling, into fans. That was his masterplan all along. And it's genius.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1