DVDVR Message Board

June 2021 Wrestling Discussion

That would be the 4th Twink Gauntlet. Effy ran the first one in Timebomb Pro (in Fargo ND), Parrow the second at Effy's Big Gay Brunch 2020, Parrow and Odinson the third at BGB 2021, and now MV Young is running the 4th.

And here is the first one:

Spoiler

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Sure... why not

Holy shit. I don't know how this can't be considered an own goal.

Clicking on that will take you to the longer thread, but the short of it is that Jamie Horowitz is a real piece of shit.

Either he doesn't background check these guys first, or he does. You decide. 

EDIT: And that goes for the wrestlers. You'd think HHH would be there to play defense but I can see Vince getting away from him like a wandering child. "Dad, WHO did you hire this morning?!"

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

WWE hires Jamie Horowitz to oversee development and digital content, WWE Studios WWE hires Jamie Horowitz to oversee development and digital content, WWE Studios (awfulannouncing.com)

His "pivot to video" strategy at FOX Sports pretty much decimated the website, which has yet to recover from his moves.

He was fired by FOX Sports amid allegations of sexual harassment

His DAZN run appears to be unremarkable, with the site not making much of a dent in the U.S.

Completely forgot his short run as EP of NBC's "Today," where he got launched out of 30 Rock for allegedly proposing to blow up the entire show, fire most of the anchors and start anew.

This is going to go well for WWE.

• Like 2

WWE elected Steve Koonin, Connor Schell & Nick Khan to Board of Directors

WWE will also do workouts for the wrestlers before touring starts, to fix their timing, and in ring work.

2 hours ago, colonial said:

WWE hires Jamie Horowitz to oversee development and digital content, WWE Studios WWE hires Jamie Horowitz to oversee development and digital content, WWE Studios (awfulannouncing.com)

His "pivot to video" strategy at FOX Sports pretty much decimated the website, which has yet to recover from his moves.

He was fired by FOX Sports amid allegations of sexual harassment

His DAZN run appears to be unremarkable, with the site not making much of a dent in the U.S.

Completely forgot his short run as EP of NBC's "Today," where he got launched out of 30 Rock for allegedly proposing to blow up the entire show, fire most of the anchors and start anew.

This is going to go well for WWE.

Man, this dude is ignoring all kinds of people on here.

And WWE isn't selling. Like DZ said, this is like setting up the foundation of leadership when Vince steps down so the stock doesn't tank because Vince steps away. He's now able to quietly fade into the background while Khan and the rest who are familiar to Wall Street run the show.

Then what functions do HHH and Stephanie serve? Doesn't it stand to reason they've spent the last 20 years thinking they would "inherit" the company? What are they thinking right now?

Edited by Dog

12 minutes ago, Dog said:

Then what functions do HHH and Stephanie serve? Doesn't it stand to reason they've spent the last 20 years thinking they would "inherit" the company? What are they thinking right now?

"We have more money than we could ever spend. Let's just retire?" 

• Like 1

Why are we assuming Vince is going to retire or die?  I always figured NXT was created in part to ensure easy access to healthy organs.

When that well runs dry, there's always Plan B.

Top 30 Futurama Nixon GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Edited by Eoae
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

"We have more money than we could ever spend. Let's just retire?" 

I mean, that's probably the route that I'd take. I feel like they'd be insulted by Vince's lack of confidence in them, though.

Part of me thinks Vince would sell the company, but build in a backdoor for Hunter and Steph to sign away the key talent and start a new promotion from scratch. 

But then I think they are all about the MCMAHON FAMILY LEGACY.