DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Kevin Love is off of Team USA with a calf injury. 

The exhibition game against Australia that was supposed to be this weekend has been cancelled because without Beal, Grant, Love and the guys still in the finals USA only has 6 active players.

E: Javale McGee and Keldon Johnson are replacing Love and Beal.

Edited by Zimbra

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

E: Javale McGee and Keldon Johnson are replacing Love and Beal.

Javale McGee playing for Team USA now is probably something no one ever predicted

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Wizards are reportedly hiring Wes Unseld Jr

I'm going to change my name to Wes Unseld, and put my resume in at the Capital One Arena...I might fuck around and be named the president of basketball operations. 

8 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Dame wants to go to the Sixers or Knicks

I can see how that works with Philly. Start with Simmons (even with his value at a career low right now) and picks, you still have the pieces to be a contender.

But New York would have to give up all those young, interesting players to make it even kinda plausible, and Dame would end up on a team that is probably notably worse than Portland currently.

He's denying it because of course he would but even in his denial he's wishy washy. I like how he's honest about the team not being a true contender at the moment. Olshey seems like an incompetent ass, but they should be talking with Dame about going all in should he decide to he wants to stay. 

Sad that I was hoping for a CJ and Ben trade and now we may get Dame for Ben+++ instead. And how the fuck do we have an NHL team back in Seattle before an NBA team?! Can the Pacific northwest get some good news plz?

On 7/16/2021 at 11:29 AM, Zimbra said:

Kevin Love is off of Team USA with a calf injury. 

Apparently the Cavs are going to sit down with Love and have The Talk. 

So, he may be done

That's a terrible looking Dream.  I guess probably because he was one of the few players on one of the few teams that really gave the MJ Bulls trouble.  Damn shame we never got a real Rockets v. Bulls Finals.  Damn shame Jordan couldn't beat the Magic in 1995. 

Anybody know any good mock drafts?  I'm all hype about Jalen Green but I literally know nothing about anyone else in the draft besides the top 4. 

I want to know why Alperan Sengun is the next big thing. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2946349-nba-draft-week-brings-urgency-to-trade-talks-latest-ben-simmons-buzz

And the Rockets have discussed a deal that would send Eric Gordon, plus Houston's No. 23 pick, to Indiana for the Pacers' 13th selection. There's an expectation that Indiana is once again gauging the trade market for Myles Turner.

I have no idea why Indiana would do this. 

Theoretically the 13th pick would be packaged with #2 pick to get Cade. Would Detroit even bite at that?

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2946349-nba-draft-week-brings-urgency-to-trade-talks-latest-ben-simmons-buzz

I have no idea why Indiana would do this. 

Theoretically the 13th pick would be packaged with #2 pick to get Cade. Would Detroit even bite at that?

If Detroit prefers Mobley or Green or Suggs, then yes. Like the Fultz/Tatum deal a few years ago.

But if they think Cade is a superstar, then I can't imagine they would.

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

If Detroit prefers Mobley or Green or Suggs, then yes. Like the Fultz/Tatum deal a few years ago.

But if they think Cade is a superstar, then I can't imagine they would.

Do you prefer Cade over Green Mobley Suggs?

9 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Do you prefer Cade over Green Mobley Suggs?

Honestly, I have no idea. I barely follow college basketball at all, and pretty much only Michigan and maybe some tourney games. I'm not sure I've ever seen any of them play.

Edit: I guess the other big question for Detroit as is relates to Cunningham is how much confidence they still have in Killian Hayes.

Edited by Brian Fowler