DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Warriors would have to move Wiggins to make that work, right? 

Yes they'd have to somehow rope a 3rd team to take Wiggins, I don't think the Raps would want him. If GSW wants Siakam so bad, they'll find a way to make it work.

So they could field Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Siakam, and Draymond? That would be a nightmare for opp offense. They'd be targeting Curry all night mind you. No bench either. Interesting. 

Anyone got any mock drafts?

I'm assuming Cade Cunningham to Detroit is a given. 

Who the Rockets take is up for debate.  Seems most Houston peeps are 50-50 on Evan Mobley or Jalen Green, with Suggs a distant third.  I have no idea who the Cavs or Raptors want. 

I lean Jalen Green for the Rockets. 

What do y'all think?

21 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Anyone got any mock drafts?

I'm assuming Cade Cunningham to Detroit is a given. 

Who the Rockets take is up for debate.  Seems most Houston peeps are 50-50 on Evan Mobley or Jalen Green, with Suggs a distant third.  I have no idea who the Cavs or Raptors want. 

I lean Jalen Green for the Rockets. 

What do y'all think?

I was under the assumption it would be Cade / Mobley / Green / Suggs, which I would happy with for the Raptors.

I can't remember who used to call Mahimni "The Human Victory Cigar" (because you only play him if you already know you're going to win) but it was a really good nickname.

5 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I can't remember who used to call Mahimni "The Human Victory Cigar" (because you only play him if you already know you're going to win) but it was a really good nickname.

The term has been around for a really long time and applied to multiple people

https://basketbawful.blogspot.com/2006/01/word-of-day-human-victory-cigar.html

That was published in Jan 2006 - seems to be that it rose to prominence due to the internet and Darko

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Darko had that nickname during the finals runs in Detroit

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Rockets are hiring Chris Wallace as Director of Scouting and Matt Bullard is also being hired to the front office but no one knows for what

Chris Wallace ex-GM of Memphis I believe.  Drafted Thabeet over Harden.  Yikes.

Bull has a lot of goodwill being the color guy next to uber homer Bill Worrell.  Was shocked Bullard didn't get renewed, but I guess they're going in a different direction.  Hopefully they hire Vernon Maxwell as the new color guy. I have no problem with Bull being in the front office. 

Somehow I missed that it was a general term, I just remember there was somebody who always called him that when he was on the Spurs.

And because I have nowhere else to post this, I saw the most baffling piece of NBA merch yesterday: a black and gold Chicago Bulls baseball jersey with really prominent gold Greek Key trim.  

7 hours ago, Zimbra said:

And because I have nowhere else to post this, I saw the most baffling piece of NBA merch yesterday: a black and gold Chicago Bulls baseball jersey with really prominent gold Greek Key trim.  

Sure it wasn't an unused costume design from The Warriors?

• Haha 1

Per ESPN - Harden just happened to be on the sidewalk when the car was pulled over and he tried to "intervene" so the French police told him to scram

Bradley Beal just got his ass put into "health and safety" protocols because of exposure to Covid.  ? 

So far this apparently means he's going to be tested repeatedly for the next couple of weeks.  No word on if this means anything to anyone else on Team USA or any of their recent opponents.