DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

@Dolfan in NYCwhat are your thoughts on Precious based on what you saw last year? 

Diamond in the rough. He had some flashes of brilliance at the beginning but had a tough time adjusting when D's figured him out. 

He's going to be real good though once he adds a bit of muscle and doesn't get pushed around so much. He'll be a very good addition to the Raps.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Diamond in the rough. He had some flashes of brilliance at the beginning but had a tough time adjusting when D's figured him out. 

He's going to be real good though once he adds a bit of muscle and doesn't get pushed around so much. He'll be a very good addition to the Raps.

Enjoy Kyle. You're gonna love him. Especially when he draws all those charges.

• Thanks 1

Jalen Green and Alperan Sengun both outplayed Cade last night. They were double teaming Jalen in a *summer league* game. 

I already knew the Rockets had the best Rookie of the year, but I didn’t realize we had the best TWO rookies, with Garuba still incoming. 

Oh and KJ Martin beasting too. Most improved? 

(Yeah, I know it’s from the Cavs game but I never wanted Mobley)

Ah, well, it's not like he's going to a job where he's already buddy-buddy with an owner with a history of overlooking toxic workplace conduct.  Surely he's learned his lesson.

• Like 3

Udonis Haslem will return for his 19th(!) season in Miami.  He'll get $2.6million. 

I'm so happy right now.  I can't wait for him to punch Ben Simmons in the throat for breathing on Kyle Lowry incorrectly. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Udonis Haslem will return for his 19th(!) season in Miami.  He'll get $2.6million. 

I'm so happy right now.  I can't wait for him to punch Ben Simmons in the throat for breathing on Kyle Lowry incorrectly. 

Yes!  One more year in which I am not older than every NBA player!

• Sad 1

The Clips would know (though I guess their initial diagnosis is what started all of this). Plus, after KD's contract with the Nets, it doesn't seem teams care when it comes to the elite players coming off injury. 

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I like Woj pretending this isn't absolutely nepotism.

Listen, when you get a chance to sign a guy who will give you 9 minutes and 2.9 points a night to a multi-year deal, you gotta take it.

I'm not sure how I had missed the fact that Giannis has not one, but two, brothers in the NBA.  Maybe it's because he scores more points in one playoff series than they will - combined - in their entire careers*.

* - Wrote that out just being funny but Giannis had 211 points in 6 games in the Finals.  His two brothers have 248 points combined in their entire NBA careers.

To be fair to Thanasis, he actually is a fairly decent "hustle play" type.

I mean, the reasons the Bucks in particular want him is mostly his brother, but he'd probably find a roster spot elsewhere if they hadn't re-signed him.

• Like 2

Scoring depth. They were pretty limited beyond their big two and Jackson in the playoffs, meaning it was George and Reggie once Kawhi went down and you'd get the odd really good game of Morris. Bledsoe does one thing well and that's score. So long as they don't ask for more than that they'll be fine. 

6 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Scoring depth. They were pretty limited beyond their big two and Jackson in the playoffs, meaning it was George and Reggie once Kawhi went down and you'd get the odd really good game of Morris. Bledsoe does one thing well and that's score. So long as they don't ask for more than that they'll be fine. 

As someone who watched a lot of Bledsoe playoff games in Milwaukee: Good luck with that, LA.

33 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

As someone who watched a lot of Bledsoe playoff games in Milwaukee: Good luck with that, LA.

True, he's not the best at reading the game but it looked like he let the pressure get to him often with the Bucks and he'd make a lot of bad decisions. I don't think it's a good trade from a Clipper perspective but I could see why they'd do it. Trading one of the smartest players in the league in Rondo for Bledsoe is real interesting.