DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Those first two are intriguing. But why no Carlisle? That team could really use some defensive fundamentals and it's not as if he's a slouch offensively either. How many better coaches are out there, free agents or not? 

I feel like this Blazers team paired with D'Antoni would be losing a lot of 153-145 games. I'm there for it kinda but I'd like to see Dame win a championship and they're the closest team we've got in Vancouver.

It looks like there is going to be some big players possibly moving around this summer. It will be interesting to see if these coachless front offices will move players then get their coach or get their coach and then figured out what moves will be made.

On 6/21/2021 at 11:39 AM, Jiji said:

I think Portland would be a good landing spot for Simmons. They desperately need better perimeter defending and I could see Ben and Dame working well together. 

If Simmons is willing to turn into, essentially, prime Draymond Green to go with Dame, they would be terrifying together.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

If Simmons is willing to turn into, essentially, prime Draymond Green to go with Dame, they would be terrifying together.

Mike Conley for Simmons? I doubt the $ work, or that the trade would go down, but he would fix the Jazz's D problems. . . 

5 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Mike Conley for Simmons? I doubt the $ work, or that the trade would go down, but he would fix the Jazz's D problems. . . 

But you'd only exacerbate his offensive woes teaming him with Gobert.

• Like 1

Yeah, you can't have Simmons and Gobert on the same team. The money with the CJ trade idea works out. Ben's got one more year. As it's largely offense for defense, the trade addresses the major needs for both teams. Offensively I think Simmons with his confidence has a lot more potential than Draymond Green but that could be a worst case scenario I guess. This makes too much sense to happen. Covington and Simmons on the defensive end would be dynamite. Ideally, they'd be able to retain Powell too, so you could go with a lineup of Dame, Simmons, Powell, Covington, Nurkic. That's great balance on both ends. Carmelo and Simons could be your bench scorers. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

By the way, this is literally the first time in franchise history the Pistons have moved up in the lottery.

It will be only the fourth top six pick for them since 1981. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jiji said:

CARUSO!~!!! ? The memes are so fucking gold.

I’ve practiced in Brazos County! That’s Texas A&M / College Station. 

Figures that that county would still be arresting people for marijuana…

Nets assistant Ime Udoka will be the next Celtics coach, per Woj.  He had also been a finalist for the Portland job, which is apparently now down to Becky Hammon and Mike D'Antoni.

Anthony Edwards will join Team USA's select team.  

Erik Spoelstra will also help coach the select team in camp in Las Vegas. 

Edwards may or may not go to Tokyo, depending on who else they get for the roster.  Spoelstra is not expected to go to Japan.