DVDVR Message Board

NXTuesday - 5/18/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Some good stuff on here tonight. The luchadores vs. Timmy/Tomasso was alright if a little dry for them (ironic considering we got hardway). Sarray absolutely killed somebody. Hit Row absolutely killed two other people. It was fun. Bobby Fish's scar is GROSS. 

I didn't really pay attention to the main but I saw a poisoned rana from a very small man on a mountain of a man, which did not influence me to rewind. 

• Like 1

I love Toni Storm going full on Ganso Bomb on the finisher to a second match to a feud.  Zoey Starks is fucking great.

That poor babe that Sarray hit with that half and half is dead.

Bobby FIsh's elbow surgery picture is the stuff of nightmares.

BRONSON MOTHER FUCKING REED~!!

Edited by J.T.

2 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I love Toni Storm going full on Ganso Bomb on the finisher to a second match to a feud.  Zoey Starks is fucking great.

I'm gonna have to go back and rewatch that, I was distracted. 

I think Sarray's finisher is actually some kind of twisting Uranage? In any case that was evil. I said to my television "you are a murderess" haha

• Like 1

I keep hearing "Tony Stark" throughout this match. Speaking of evil THAT finish was evil. It's funny how in a fed where they banned the piledriver you have people doing shit like that to each other. Meanwhile, Taya has been around for like a month and she hasn't even had a match yet? 

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

You know, it really is All Japan of her to do a Tiger Driver and then having to one-up it when it doesn't get the pin.

It's 1999 in modern NXT.

• Haha 1

Toni/Zoey was solid. That new finisher from Toni is nasty. It always feels weird to see WWE allowing brainbusters, but I do so love seeing them. Will be interesting to see who Taya debuts against with how much of the roster she has gone out of her way to piss off.

LDF vs. Ciampa/Thatcher was good once Legado started gettign more offense in.

Kind of annoyed to see Wolfe ousted from Imperium. He always came across as second in command, and I don't see him getting a good role out of the group.

Sarray/Ailyah was a nice little showcase for Sarray. 

The Candice/Indi segments leading to Indi/Lumis being back on was nice.

Hit Row demolishing Davari and co. was nice. Really digging this group so far.

Thought the cage match started off well, but a couple of the bumps Reed took later on just kind of annoyed me to the point where I was taken out of the match a bit. The finish was nice at least. I'm happy for Reed, but I still don't see him as star and kind of hope his reign is short lived.

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I think Sarray's finisher is actually some kind of twisting Uranage?

Its just an uranage. Its a bit more overhead to become more head droppy & dangerous. Ayumi Kurihara used to do the same version Sarray does. Actually in hindsight Kurihara probably gave the move to her when she retired.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Did Dean Allmark sit on his opponents face during the pin or is that Storm's own special twist?

*preemtively gives myself a "calm down Razinetico

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hit Row remains an absolute home run act. Everything about that act just feels so fresh and cool. What they really need to do is avoid veering into comedy and stay hard. Like, if you grew up during the 90s and the Death Row and Bad Boy feud you knew that rap groups and entourages were DANGEROUS. People got killed, people got shot, there was always a sense that shit could pop off at any minute. 

That's what I want Hit Row to bring to NXT. A sense of danger and edginess and not the cool, hipster vibe that UE had. 

• Like 3

On 5/19/2021 at 3:25 AM, Eivion said:

Kind of annoyed to see Wolfe ousted from Imperium. He always came across as second in command, and I don't see him getting a good role out of the group.

Nailed that one. 

1 hour ago, Hagan said:

Hit Row remains an absolute home run act. Everything about that act just feels so fresh and cool. What they really need to do is avoid veering into comedy and stay hard. Like, if you grew up during the 90s and the Death Row and Bad Boy feud you knew that rap groups and entourages were DANGEROUS. People got killed, people got shot, there was always a sense that shit could pop off at any minute. 

That's what I want Hit Row to bring to NXT. A sense of danger and edginess and not the cool, hipster vibe that UE had. 

Hit Row has been crazy good so far. Looking forward to see what they can do with this talented roster. It sucks that I can already tell that this NXT version of them will be their best version...if they get a call up Vince will make them Street Profits 2.0 "they just want to have FUN".

• Like 1

Kind of disappointed to see Johnny drop the strap in a moment that did not feel as big as it was presented, but I'll take it if it's just to transition the belt over to Swerve. Not sure how good B-Fab is, but that's definitely a stable that would look right with all the gold.

I wonder if they're actually going to go with Johnny as Kross' next challenger. It's not the best fit for either of them, but it's probably worth holding off on cool Kyle for a couple more defenses.