DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA PLAYOFFS

RIPPA

The 1982 NBA Finals were the first one I remember watching, in that time I don’t think any player has played as good in a Finals as Giannis did in this year. Also, I’m not saying this due to being 2nd generation Greek-American. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

NBA Champion PJ Tucker

NBA Champion Bobby Portis Jr

NBA Champion Brook Lopez

NBA Champion Jrue Holiday

Love it for those guys.

Bobby on the mic while Malika Andrews tried to wrap it up was so good. Love that dude.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

The 1982 NBA Finals were the first one I remember watching, in that time I don’t think any player has played as good in a Finals as Giannis did in this year. Also, I’m not saying this due to being 2nd generation Greek-American. 

Well from one Greek-American to another I hope you enjoyed the Bucks winning tonight.  I've been going through so many emotions that when it finally happened it was just pure bliss over here.  I hope my dad vacationing in Greece was able to celebrate but with it verging on 6:30am there at the time he might have been sleeping.  But I'll ask him all about it tomorrow anyway.  I'm gonna tag @Nice Guy Eddie on this one as well.  I always liked basketball throughout the years but seeing the past few years with Giannis has been truly special.  As for his doubters putting up 50 points is nothing to sneeze at even with him doing a lot of a free throws so no matter who he is that deserves the MVP trophy.

But I will say to @Lawful MetalI agree with your criticisms more than you may realize.  It's been frustrating watching them at times throughout the season but the combination of Phoenix shutting down at the wrong times plus Milwaukee doing the right moves when it counted is what made the difference.  I would love to see Milwaukee go for it again but in all honesty I'd be happy to see Houston get the title as well.  So if that works out for them then I'll be happy for ya.

Anyway I'm tired but to say I'm happy would be a gross understatement.  Between the nervous pacing and Ouzo I'll be sleeping well tonight so Καληνυχτα and here's to hoping the caffeine works out well tomorrow.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

Jesus, Giannis just grabbed this series by the throat and didn't let go until trophies popped out.

This was Jordan in 93, Shaq in 00 level "one guy just would not let the other team win" level shit

• Like 3

i guess we are supposed to ignore that Giannis himself was injured.. was legendary because he's a freak of nature but was injured nonetheless 

And i guess we are also supposed to forget that kyrie is Mr. Glass and has missed four playoffs now.. he is never healthy this time of year outside of 2016 so what a strange excuse to try to make.. 

You know if Harden would have gotten himself in shape maybe he wouldn't have gotten injured either.   Congrats Giannis... legend. 

• Like 2