DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA PLAYOFFS

RIPPA

GO SUNS.

The only thing that makes it hard to pull for them is that Booker looks like one of my piece-of-shit neighbors (at least, that is if Booker took Deadpool's advice and face-fucked the proverbial topographical map of Utah).

Watching the game I knew you would say that.  Only thing is that's not entirely true unless he did some Jedi mind tricks to hold them back.  Lopez stepped it up particularly against Atlanta and he wasn't at that form last night either.  Everybody else did the best they could as well but Phoenix had them all figured out.  Credit goes to the coaches but especially the likes of Chris Paul and the rest who showed up and want it all.  It is fitting that for the times the Bucks would be up in the past by double digits that that was their fate last night.

The big test will be to silence the Phoenix crowd as they were molten the whole game.  Which led to an already impressive team in the Suns feeding off of that and keeping the party going.  Silence that tomorrow and there may be a chance for Milwaukee.  If not then they are royally fucked.

They can't get consistent stops either. Holiday is an incredible and consistent defender, so even if he's struggling to score he's going to make life a little bit more difficult for the Suns and he's a very good playmaker too. Middleton, on the other hand, for a guy who made his name as a 3-and-D guy is offering up little resistance. So when he's not scoring he's hurting them. 

I like how they started by attacking the paint and Giannis was a force in the 3rd but the team's bad habits kick in eventually. A lot of that is on coaching but it's not entirely. Frustrating. 

• Like 1

Bucks are +4 with Giannis on the court and -27 in the 21 minutes he's sat so far. Dude is clearly struggling with the knee still too, despite being able to move well. 

Yep, this is going exactly as expected but at least the Bucks hung around a bit better last night before it got away from them.  Hoping them being on home court lets them get their shit straight otherwise that'll be a sad time in Milwaukee.

10 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Don’t worry he’ll be there for game 7

AllSpiritedEgret-size_restricted.gif

edit: Cam Johnson put PJ Tucker's career in a body bag. I was relieved to see PJ's contract finishes after this year. Give that money to Bobby Portis.

Edited by Jiji

I don't think you can credit that to the refs in any way, shape, or form.

Giannis is clearly the best player in this series, and now that Holiday and Middleton both played well (and Booker struggled and Paul was merely "good") we have a series potentially.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't think you can credit that to the refs in any way, shape, or form.

Giannis is clearly the best player in this series, and now that Holiday and Middleton both played well (and Booker struggled and Paul was merely "good") we have a series potentially.

You can always blame Scott Foster

• Haha 1

I was thinking the refs were still out to screw the Suns, but I'm beginning to think their real long game is contributing to the heart problems of as many basketball fans as possible. Maybe they're paid off by the American Heart Association? That was obviously #6 on Booker.

Edited by Contentious C

Missed the first half but fun second half. That block by Giannis was one of the great playoff blocks I've seen in the last 10 years up there with Kawhi's middle finger, Bam's on Tatum, and LeBron on Iguodala.

Oh and the refs are a joke. Fiba officials showing them up. 

Edited by Jiji

4 hours ago, Jiji said:

Missed the first half but fun second half. That block by Giannis was one of the great playoff blocks I've seen in the last 10 years up there with Kawhi's middle finger, Bam's on Tatum, and LeBron on Iguodala.

Oh and the refs are a joke. Fiba officials showing them up. 

I was about to be all "Tay on Miller" then I realized that was 17 fucking years ago and now I'm just gonna go crawl into my nursing home bed.

Well I wake up feeling great from Dynamite still and see that the Bucks tied the series.  Aside from getting over a summer cold that's a pretty damn good way to start the morning.

Unless you're Lawful of course but to be fair you did go to Dynamite.  So it can't be ALL bad, right?

29 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Well I wake up feeling great from Dynamite still and see that the Bucks tied the series.  Aside from getting over a summer cold that's a pretty damn good way to start the morning.

Unless you're Lawful of course but to be fair you did go to Dynamite.  So it can't be ALL bad, right?

Dynamite was awesome.  I'm just waiting for the draft.  Detroit may be too stupid to draft Cade. 

(Bucks or Suns win, a former rocket gets a ring)

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 8:46 PM, Zimbra said:

Just look at how much ground he covers that is fucking nuts.

OK, I hadn't seen that before.  That play is incredible.  Switching off a guy at the top of the key, taking 2 steps and then blocking a guy at the rim?!?!  That is just...off the charts.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tabe said:

OK, I hadn't seen that before.  That play is incredible.  Switching off a guy at the top of the key, taking 2 steps and then blocking a guy at the rim?!?!  That is just...off the charts.

I'm not sure there's another player in NBA history that has the combination of size, athleticism, and defensive instinct to do that.

Especially given that the play was *this close* to being a superstar moment for both Booker and Ayton.

• Like 2

Giannis and Holiday is one of the best inside-out defensive one two combinations I've seen in my lifetime. Paul may be a choke artist, and after a career of flopping I'm not sad if he plays like shit in his only nba finals appearance, but let's not pretend that he's not had a lot of help from those two all time defenders in looking this bad in Milwaukee. Biggest question of the series seems to be if Middleton's offense travels to Phoenix. 

Saw a star stat talking about expected wins based on quality of offensive possessions and it's close to 3 to 1 in favour of Milwaukee. They just need to hit their shots now that they've made their adjustments. I've been heavily critical of Budenholzer but they've managed the Suns pick and roll well since game 1.

Edited by Jiji

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

Giannis and Holiday is one of the best inside-out defensive one two combinations I've seen in my lifetime. Paul may be a choke artist, and after a career of flopping I'm not sad if he plays like shit in his only nba finals appearance, but let's not pretend that he's not had a lot of help from those two all time defenders in looking this bad in Milwaukee. Biggest question of the series seems to be if Middleton's offense travels to Phoenix. 

Saw a star talking about expected wins based on quality of offensive possessions and it's close to 3 to 1 in favour of Milwaukee. They just need to hit their shots now that they've made their adjustments. I've been heavily critical of Budenholzer but they've managed the Suns pick and roll well since game 1.

It's worth noting the Bucks defense has also been something like 13 points better per 100 at home than on the road in these playoffs.