DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA PLAYOFFS

RIPPA

On 6/2/2021 at 11:46 PM, jaedmc said:

What even are the Clippers?

.... I asked this like two weeks ago and I still don't know the answer. Now they're in the WCF. The weirdest team.

2 hours ago, jaedmc said:

.... I asked this like two weeks ago and I still don't know the answer. Now they're in the WCF. The weirdest team.

Clips undefeated without Kawhi. You know what that means.

Kawhi is a fraud.

Edit: Kawhi was clearing holding back the Mann

Edited by Lawful Metal
Mann joke
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ohtani's jacket said:

Uh oh, James Harden arrested for fraud. 

Can’t be arrested when you only got one functioning leg! 

Well, you can arrest him and sentence him to home confinement in … Houston?

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

Literally an inch away from KD carrying this team to the ECF. Dude is unreal. 

Word. I happened to tune in for the last three minutes when it was 101 -101. And  I said to my wife inch and half and KD is going to the ECF. Unbelievable.

Then I said "You know who doesn't make that mistake? RAY ALLEN" @Dolfan in NYC you know what I'm talking about!!!!

• Haha 1

God damn, this has been one helluva game. I wasn't so sure how'd the Suns would fair without Paul but then again... They've learned from him and were on fire in the bubble last year without him. Gentlemen's agreement to return both Kawhi and Paul at the same time plz. 

On 5/20/2021 at 5:35 PM, Jiji said:

West is as open as it has been since prior to the GSW dynasty. East feels like one of the top 3. I know Nets is the easy answer but Giannis and particularly Embiid should feast inside should we get there. 

Amusingly, maybe I'm just biased, but I actively thought the Suns were the most talented team in the West this year and were my favorites to win the West. The Lakers and Clippers had great 1-2's, but the Suns had a great 1-2-3, and there 4-5 are probably as good as you are gonna get: Bridges and Crowder are good damn players.

Also remember the "Devin Booker is just an empty stat player" narrative has been absolutely demolished. 40-13-11 without Paul. 

It was close between the Jazz and the Suns in terms of depth but Suns are a little bit better balanced and more cohesive, with better man-to-man defense without having to rely on Gobert protecting the paint. That's why I thought some of the takes on Gobert being exposed in game 7 were off, because had they brought in Favors or whomever for Rudy when the Clips went five out, they would've been hitting open layups instead of open threes. Nobody could keep their man in front of them.