DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA PLAYOFFS

RIPPA

We're stuck at this shitty place where everyone knows we need either fewer games or a longer season but no one wants to give up revenue or any of the offseason so we're going to end up getting more games instead.

2 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Yet with all these injuries, the dumb ass commissioner wants to create mid season tourneys. . . .  

The mid season tourney, from what I understand,  would be a way to add much needed rest during the middle of the season.  The play ins would be the a series of regular season divisional games immediately before the tournament. Then the games would be played with 2 full days rest between rounds. It's not a lot of rest,  but more than usual without travel. Travel is the most underrated part of the problem with the schedule, plane travel is terrible for people over a certain height. 

Yeah, remember how fucking incredible some of the bubble ball was last year? Pretty much every player spoke to how great it was having no travel.

With regards to Kawhi's injury, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a tear, right? The Clips are saying it's a knee sprain. Here's hoping it's not a major injury. The playoffs are all about attrition right now and the healthiest team is facing elimination (Mitchell clearly isn't 100%)... FUCK.

This is like Game 1 flipped on its head, except the Hawks will possibly take both.  I turned this off when the lead was, what, 25?  And that was in the third.  What a huge collapse.  Now I just gotta pull for the Hawks the rest of the way (unless they run into Phoenix).

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

These playoffs have been entirely unpredictable. I don't like how things are unfolding but I'm not bored.

The one thing I'm truly living is seeing it pay off for the Suns making that one big bold move when they saw their young kids looking ready to step up. God I hope CP3 is cleared before the WCF start.

The team’s best player came of age when the team was eagerly trying to lose games or even just one “quality locker room vet” guy to set the example or a coach with any sort of gravitas to tell him to stop drinking Shirley Temples. Ben Simmons came aboard when there was already a culture in place where there was no accountability. The team is on its fourth GM in six years. The ownership group is the worst hedge fund frat bro collective anywhere. 

This is what The Process has wrought. All of those second round draft picks accrued over the years definitely paid off. Fuck this team.

36 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

The team’s best player came of age when the team was eagerly trying to lose games or even just one “quality locker room vet” guy to set the example or a coach with any sort of gravitas to tell him to stop drinking Shirley Temples. Ben Simmons came aboard when there was already a culture in place where there was no accountability. The team is on its fourth GM in six years. The ownership group is the worst hedge fund frat bro collective anywhere. 

This is what The Process has wrought. All of those second round draft picks accrued over the years definitely paid off. Fuck this team.

So what you’re saying is … Sixers are frauds?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

So what you’re saying is … Sixers are frauds?

Yeah. Absolute and total fucking frauds. 

The worst was that Sam Hinkie became this like culture warrior here among basketball fans. At first, I was down with the rebuild. But then it just became a rebuild after rebuild. Along the way, the most vocal corners of Sixers fans on the Internet became all-in on everything Hinkie did. It was just blind loyalty... and it completely overlooked the fact that he fucking sucked as a GM. Some stuff wasn't his fault -- we all knew Embiid had injuries, but not that he would miss two years. But he managed to accrue draft picks, spin it that draft picks were a crapshoot except for a few top picks every few years, and managed to escape the blame for having really fucking shitty draft picks. Or the roster building made no fucking sense at all. Or that you can really just have one or two guys who are actual professional basketball players in the locker room to set the tone about how to prepare for games/how to not start fights at nightclubs/trash your condo/etc. and it will have long-term benefits. Or that maybe you'd like to get at least a competent point guard who can dribble the ball up the court and put people in the right spots so they can organically improve during actual NBA games. 

Like, his name STILL gets mentioned today about how if he was just allowed to keep to the plan the Sixers would be on Year 4 of a 15-year dynasty. (Everyone casually overlooks that no NBA team has even been rumored to have any interest in hiring him because of what a fraud he was.)

How does Ben Simmons not even SHOOT a basketball? And I like him a lot as a player! He's incredible at so many parts of basketball. But... like... just fucking SHOOT THE BALL. He doesn't even do that when contested at the rim! I don't care if you don't shoot threes. But just take shots when you're five feet from the rim. 

• Like 1

Trae Young is the biggest fraud. Guy fucking leans in on every shot to draw a foul.  Pussy move if there ever was one.  Guys in the 90's would shit all over his style. He needs to toughen up like John Starks.   John Starks shot the 3 with pride and dignity. Never once heard anyone call John Starks a fraud.  Hell remember the cartoon WayanHead?  Who did they idolize?? John Starks, that's who.