Control
Fowler
cubbymark
Execproducer
L_W_P
odessa
jaedmc
Jingus

I am still unclear if Skelemania wants a pick this go around or not.

Anyway - I will post the dates and order by the end of the week. Meanwhile - there are three movies right there for folks to blabber about.

Okay - Here is the order: I randomized the list 20 times I did cheat slightly since I think it's probably appropriate that my pick be on my birthday.

If you guys want to trade picks - that's fine.

If Skelemania decides he wants in, I will add him at the end.

JANUARY 6, 2014: REV

JANUARY 13, 2014: CUBBYMARK

JANUARY 20, 2014: BRIAN FOWLER

JANUARY 27, 2014: RIPPA

OFF WEEK - FEBRUARY 3 (SUPER BOWL WEEKEND)

FEBRUARY 10, 2014: L_W_P

FEBRUARY 17, 2014: EXECPRODUCER

FEBRUARY 24, 2014: JAEDMC

MARCH 3, 2014: JR GOLDMAN

OFF WEEK - MARCH 10 (SPRING BREAK)

MARCH 17, 2014: JINGUS

MARCH 24, 2014: NINERS

MARCH 31, 2014: ODESSA

APRIL 7, 2014: LACELLE

APRIL 14, 2014: CONTROL

Okay... I have been watching the SHIT out of Pegg/Frost and Godzilla movies recently.  How did you fuckers know?!  

I'm not decided on mine yet.  Very recent movies (like, are still on the New Release shelf) are generally frowned upon, yes?  I've got one new favorite that I love love love and desperately want to share, but it's not exactly low-profile and it might be too soon.  

HARAKIRI

Hai.  Domo arigato!  

Blame Tim Brayton's ongoing Toho Kaiju project, and that awesome new Godzilla teaser.

Yeah.  I've been filling in the blanks in my Big Name Kaiju checklist recently, tracking down various Godzilla & Co. movies that I've missed.  (I'm not entirely looking forward to all the Mothra flicks, but you gotta do what ya gotta do.)  

And that new Godzilla movie just looks INSANE.  It's, like, exactly how I would make this film.  Watching the trailers for this makes me feel like I'm Charlie Brown, and I look across the football field and see the little red-headed girl holding the football instead of that bitch Lucy.  

• 6 months later...

...because that would make too much logical sense? Also, I'm the kind of annoying fucker who stops being interested in an option if it's open and available long enough. Or to put it another way, if I've checked out a buncha library books and then read half of them and returned those, I'll inevitably come back home with a brand new stack of books and of COURSE I'll dive into the new(er) stack first before even thinking about returning to the other stuff I got the week before. (And having seen the first fifteen minutes of The Outlaw Josey Wales, it somehow hit this Perfect Sweet Spot Of Everlasting Mediocrity which left me turning it off and never desiring to finish it, sorry. I'm just not a fan of most of Eastwood's post-Leone westerns except for Unforgiven.)

C'mon, I was hoping to hear your thoughts on WAKE IN FRIGHT. It's a homoerotic nightmare in the outback, featuring Donald Pleasance and an unsimulated kangaroo hunt! What more could you ask for?

There is also Zodiac - which never had a thread started because whoever picked it never started one and I only just realized that fact this very moment

There is also Zodiac - which never had a thread started because whoever picked it never started one and I only just realized that fact this very moment

It was me. My life went to hell around the time we were supposed to watch it and then I forgot. I own the movie but I THINK it's still on Netflix. Maybe we can still do this.

Dammit, of course Zodiac would be one of those which I'd written a review for it a long time ago, but the internet ate it at some point. Spoiler: I liked it, a lot. Heck, I just recently rewatched the Asscrack Bandit episode of Community, which is kinda relevant. I'll try to give this one a rewatch soon, I think it's probably my favorite David Fincher movie outside of Fight Club.

Wake In Fright sounds like something I'd want to get around to, at some point; my knowledge of Australian film outside of Hanging Rock and Mad Max is practically nil. It's just one of those movies I can only find in download format, and in my current situation watching full-length films on my computer here is not a fun process.

I would love to read Jingus talking about Employee of the Month

...you couldn't possibly mean the one with Dane Cook, Jessica Simpson, Dax Shephard, Harland Williams, Danny Woodburn, AND Andy Dick, could you? Why would you do that to me. I thought we were friends.

Hah, no, I kid, I know it's the one with... wait, what the fuck, Matt Dillon, Christina Applegate, Dave Foley, and Steve Zahn?! Okay, that IS a step up from the other one... but not, y'know, a BIG step. Grumble grumble we'll see.

• RIPPA unpinned this topic